By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you drink, and if so how much?

I am a...

Non-drinker 49 30.82%

Occasional drinker 72 45.28%

Moderate drinker 28 17.61%

Heavy drinker 10 6.29%

Total:159

Probably a dink or two every fortnight, on average. Asahi beer/saporo for me, and can't go wrong with bourbon and coke/canadian club.

Around the Network

Moderate drinker here. If this had been posted a few years ago I would have had to say heavy drinker. Not alcoholic by any means but I'd get wasted pretty much every weekend - usually on both Friday and Saturday.

Thankfully those days are behind me and I'm now somewhere between occasional and moderate. I'll drink some alcohol every weekend but rarely get drunk now (maybe 2 to 3 times a year) and I have very little on weekdays.

Ka-pi96 said:
curl-6 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Pemalite said:

Waaaait... Wait. wait. Hold up. - That is a thing!? Alcohol in a grocery shop? Get shit faced while shopping?

Of course. Although not in Australia, apparently?

But yeah, supermarkets and convenience stores have beer, wine & spirits.

Whereabouts are you again?
I remember when I briefly studied in Japan I used to be amazed you could just buy booze from a convenience store, how it was right there next to the soft drinks haha

Yeah, Japan. Although that's not exclusive to here. In the UK too you can buy alcohol in convenience stores, I expect that's the case for most of Europe actually.

Here we do also have beer vending machines, I don't think those exist anywhere else, especially considering they don't even require ID checks or anything.

Bold: at least in Spain. If I'd ever plan to buy alcohol, that's probably the first place that'd come to mind.

I'm mostly a lurker now.

I enjoy a glass of beer or wine with dinner, and typically a nightcap after that. Good for the heart and immune system :) I prefer reds and stouts, but will drink a white of IPA to change things up.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

In my twenties and thirties, drinking on the weekends happened more often than not. After that, it has petered out to practically nothing at the moment. As my circle of family and friends are moving towards middle age, everybody just tends to stay home with their families. Add to that the covid situation and there you go. I happen to be single at the moment, so if it weren't for the virus, I would probably hit the bars every now and then in pursuit of female company. So I voted for occasional drinker, but as it stands right now I'm pretty much a non-drinker. Never liked to drink by myself, it's always been about socializing.

Around the Network

I used to drink very occasionally, like maybe only on New Year's Eve.  Once I developed acid reflux, I stopped drinking altogether.  I never had much need for alcohol though even when I did drink occasionally.

Dante9 said:
Never liked to drink by myself, it's always been about socializing.

Same here, for me alcohol is primarily a means of lubricating social interaction and reducing the anxiety of it.

I'm 25 and have never drank, people look at me like I'm some kind of alien when I tell them. Needless to say I have been told to do it several times since I was young and never felt like tryng it lol

Came back to update:Not enough.

Yes, I am a moderate drinker.

However 95% of the time I only drink on social occasions. It is hard for me to drink at home by myself unless I am really craving a drink after a hard day.This year my alcohol consumption is way down because I mostly stay home due to Covid. Thankfully I do not feel as if I need to drink alcohol.

When I do drink I can really put them away. I drink to get drunk but I still try to maintain self control. It has been a few years since I last drank so much that I puked but I still blackout or wake up with a wicked hangover on occasion.

I prefer lagers and pilsners when it comes to beers. IPAs are gross.

I like sipping sake and whisky (on the rocks) in more relaxed settings.

I really want to work as a bartender someday as I enjoy mixing drinks. It is hard to find a bartending job without experience though and Covid has ruined the job market.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.