By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you drink, and if so how much?

I am a...

Non-drinker 49 30.82%

Occasional drinker 72 45.28%

Moderate drinker 28 17.61%

Heavy drinker 10 6.29%

Total:159

To what extent do you partake in the ancient human ritual of consuming alcohol?

Bonus question: For the drinkers, what's your favourite alcoholic beverage?

Last edited by curl-6 - on 30 October 2020

Around the Network

Nada. The only time I have drunk something in my life, if miniscule, is when I took Christ's body in my first communion.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Rarely. Like, once every few months. But it's usually a social thing, so I haven't had anything to drink since the pandemic started.

When I drink it's usually lightigh beers, like Blue Moon or if I'm willing to have my masculinity challenged I'll do something like Twisted Tea or Red's Apple Ale.

Nope. The stuff tastes like poison. Every sense in my body is saying do not put this in your body and mouth. I don't like the idea of not being in control and drinking something that tastes disgusting.

Last edited by Leynos - on 30 October 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I also stopped drinking during the pandemic. But when I did it was Bud Light for beer. Jack Daniels single barrel select, straight with 2 cubes of ice, 3 fingers filled and sip for about an hour, then refill. Vodka Martinis, I like the cheap vodka (Smirnoff) it's the only one that doesn't give me a headache, very dirty (2 olives and some of the juice), and dry by adding the vermouth (shaken). I can drink heavily so I don't do it often. 18 20oz. beers in a night easily. The whole fifth of Jack in a night easy. 5-7 Martinis in a night. I also used to do Long Island Iced teas but 5 liquors per glass seems a bit of a waste and they never pour evenly to where the bottles empty at the same time.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Never drunk before

Only during family gatherings.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Only in social settings, which 2020 has canceled most of that.

Mostly just 1-2 beers (mostly 1) or very occasionally wine along with meal.
Not unusual to go 1+ month without any alcohol, but 2 times in a week isn't unusual either.
Mostly favor IPAs but tending to fruit infusions. Red wine = Malbecs, White = Gewurztraminers (less sweet ones)
Rarely drink hard alcohol these days, although I handle it reasonably well when I did.
Generally was never into super heavy drinking even when I was younger and wilder.
I don't have specific reason NOT to drink more as it's generally positive, mostly just content with moderation.

Last edited by mutantsushi - on 31 October 2020

I don't drink alcohol at all;