By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you drink, and if so how much?

I am a...

Non-drinker 49 30.82%

Occasional drinker 72 45.28%

Moderate drinker 28 17.61%

Heavy drinker 10 6.29%

Total:159
OhNoYouDont said:
Wild Turkey American Honey on the rocks or Stella Artois

Ah another great drink goes down smooth straight as wel

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

My favourites are Baileys and Midori. Separately though, those two would not go well together haha.

You'd probably enjoy a Midori Splice then:

https://stevethebartender.com.au/midori-melon-splice-cocktail-recipe/

Definitely recommend. They go down dangerously easy. These are my go-to cocktail if I'm feeling like something delicious.

Old Virginia Smooth Honey Bourbon is the nicest honey whiskey that I've stumbled across. Easy to sip on the rocks.

I'm not a fan of beer, though I do like a nice hefeweizen.

If none of the above are available, I'll default to cider.

Were are all the Poles on VGChartz hiding to bump up these drinking numbers lol?

Ka-pi96 said:

That they hate beer?

Personally the majority of Americans I've met have been military types and well... they certainly love beer

No, it's more younger ones, they seem to be concerned over the addictive properties and such alike. But we know how drinking habbits in out culture are different anyway, stronger beer for one.

Hmm, pie.

Flilix said:
I don't drink wine, for some reason I find it absolutely disgusting.

Same, I've never understood how people can enjoy the taste of it, it tastes like some kind of toxic byproduct from a detergent factory. (Though don't get me wrong I've drunk plenty of it in my time just for the effects)

Around the Network

I am shocked at the number of people who don't drink. I don't even know if I have met one in real life. Lots of Muslims on the board or something?
Anyway, I drink anything, but my preference is for Import Whisky; My favourites are Talisker 10 Scotch Whisky and Alberta Distilleries Rye Whisky.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

I am shocked at the number of people who don't drink. I don't even know if I have met one in real life. Lots of Muslims on the board or something?
Anyway, I drink anything, but my preference is for Import Whisky; My favourites are Talisker 10 Scotch Whisky and Alberta Distilleries Rye Whisky.

Agnostic here. I don't drink because I find it pointless consuming anything that will effect my mental state even if for a very short time  

It's also associated to crimes, domestic violence and traffic incidents. I guess I can just satisfy myself with juice and water

IcaroRibeiro said:
Jumpin said:

Agnostic here. I don't drink because I find it pointless consuming anything that will effect my mental state even if for a very short time  

It's also associated to crimes, domestic violence and traffic incidents. I guess I can just satisfy myself with juice and water

In my opinion, you are listening to unfair and biased demonization of drinking. While it is very true that some people do have addiction issues, that is a disease that affects only a small portion of the population; alcoholism is only one potential symptom - addiction can effect gamers, TV watchers, and others that can wreck your life just as much, if not more since drinking is consumable, but TV addicts get fat on the sofa and die of heart attacks. Most people don't have drinking problems. It also seems that these problems of bad driving and violence are much higher among non-drinkers, as well.

Statistics show countries with high levels of alcohol consumption have low levels of traffic incidents and domestic violence and countries with low levels of alcohol consumption have high levels of traffic incidents and domestic violence:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_alcohol_consumption_per_capita
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemiology_of_domestic_violence

I mean, check it out:

What drinking is associated with is parties, higher confidence, fun, dating, culture, enjoyment of life, relaxation, socializing, lower anxiety, creativity, and health benefits such as: cardiovascular health, improved sex drive, longer life expectancy.

The main benefit, of course, is as a social lubricant as it can lead to more intimate talk between men and women. It can be the difference between a conversation between two that ends without consequence, and one that ends with plans for a date.

If you have kids, you'll find that drinking with the other adults is pretty much a great way to not really have the sort of stress that other people have, especially if you have 4 kids like me =P

Last edited by Jumpin - on 02 November 2020

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Constantly

Have a home bar. Enjoy making cocktails, gone are the days of Sprite and Malibu. I make them just as you would expect from a speakeasy in Soho. Old Fashions, Negronis, Pegu Clubs, Boulavardiers... the works.

Beer of choice would either be belgian or brewdog. I can get brewdog in any supermarket, current favourite would be OG Hazy at 7.4%. As for belgian, I lucky have a great imported beer shop 10m walk from me, Leffe and Duval would be my go to but wintry all sorts.

Jumpin said:

What drinking is associated with is parties, higher confidence, fun, dating, culture, enjoyment of life, relaxation, socializing, lower anxiety, creativity, and health benefits such as: cardiovascular health, improved sex drive, longer life expectancy.

The main benefit, of course, is as a social lubricant as it can lead to more intimate talk between men and women. It can be the difference between a conversation between two that ends without consequence, and one that ends with plans for a date.

If you have kids, you'll find that drinking with the other adults is pretty much a great way to not really have the sort of stress that other people have, especially if you have 4 kids like me =P

As I said I don't enjoy things that can affect my mental state. I like to deal with my feelings, stress and social anxiety with my mind as conscious as possible, same reason why avoid other C-team drugs.

I'm not a very outgoing person, I only like to go out with friends in smaller groups so we can have private talks. I hate crowded or noisy places (the exception is concerts, as I don't have no secondary option to listen live music), so places usually associated with alchool like pubs and clubs are just not for me.

About dating, I'm in the process of accepting I just can't have casual date like most normal people. I need some kind of emotional and intelectual connection to really want to engage with someone, I totally understand the concept of getting horny when I see a hot women in a pool, but I just don't have enough motivation to start anything unless I know the person a bit first.

The idea of getting drunk (or worse, counting on her drunk) to convince a woman to date with me just seems... I don't how can I define in any word but immoral

Well I don't think I need to explain my dating life (and sexual life for that matter) is horrific, but I'm happy that way, don't feel I need to change