By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you drink, and if so how much?

I am a...

Non-drinker 49 30.82%

Occasional drinker 72 45.28%

Moderate drinker 28 17.61%

Heavy drinker 10 6.29%

Total:159

Yesterday I had a shot of warm Black Forest cherry spirit, sipping on it every now and then for over half an hour. It was delicious!

From 15 to 27 I was a heavy drinker and had a ton of fun. So many memories! The time between 18 and 21 was especially wild because that's when I used to work in a bar. Loved it so much. Nowadays however, I drink much less, a beer every now and then or a glass of wine. Especially dry red wine is amazing. Also I currently have a bottle of 18 years old Glennfidich standing around and treating myself every now and then. Alcohol is not a drug to me, but rather like some sort of luxury. A small chunk of dark chocolate paired with a little glass of red wine is an amazing combo. A cold beer goes fantastic with spare ribs and cole slaw. Etc.

Around the Network
javi741 said:

I'm 20 and I dont really like drinking just cause of the taste, but during special occasions like a party or hanging out with my fam I will drink til I'm drunk to get a good drunk feeling. However, these occasions only happen like once every few months so I dont drink often and I'd never drink casually tbh. Plus I'm not even legal age to drink in the U.S so I get less opportunities to drink in places like bars or restaurants.

What's the drinking age in USA?

Yutilk said:
javi741 said:

I'm 20 and I dont really like drinking just cause of the taste, but during special occasions like a party or hanging out with my fam I will drink til I'm drunk to get a good drunk feeling. However, these occasions only happen like once every few months so I dont drink often and I'd never drink casually tbh. Plus I'm not even legal age to drink in the U.S so I get less opportunities to drink in places like bars or restaurants.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Rarely.
I have a pretty low tolerance for alcohol, and get sick pretty easily. When I drink I like to do mixed drinks that are sweet enough to mask the alcohol, but I'm trying to lose weight, so those aren't a great option. Much prefer weed for that reason, and just because it's generally a more pleasant feeling. But, if I'm at a social gathering and people are drinking I may have a few.

JWeinCom said:

Rarely.
I have a pretty low tolerance for alcohol, and get sick pretty easily. When I drink I like to do mixed drinks that are sweet enough to mask the alcohol, but I'm trying to lose weight, so those aren't a great option. Much prefer weed for that reason, and just because it's generally a more pleasant feeling. But, if I'm at a social gathering and people are drinking I may have a few.

Dang, don't you get the munchies? :)

I basically have breakfast at 11pm-midnight nowadays since I use weed to help me sleep. It does save time in the morning! (And tbh, tastes much better at night than after just waking up. I always had trouble getting breakfast down in the morning)

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
Yutilk said:

I always find that so bizarre, that you guys can vote, buy cigarettes, join the army, etc, before you're allowed to have a beer.

18 is pretty much the catch-all age for all adult restricted things here.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 27 October 2021

SvennoJ said:
JWeinCom said:

Rarely.

Dang, don't you get the munchies? :)

I basically have breakfast at 11pm-midnight nowadays since I use weed to help me sleep. It does save time in the morning! (And tbh, tastes much better at night than after just waking up. I always had trouble getting breakfast down in the morning)

I definitely get the munchies, but I plan for that. On days I smoke I usually plan to do so around dinner time, and save some extra calories throughout the day.

I don't drink but I get high every weekend ?

curl-6 said:
theRepublic said:

I always find that so bizarre, that you guys can vote, buy cigarettes, join the army, etc, before you're allowed to have a beer.

18 is pretty much the catch-all age for all adult restricted things here.

Actually, the age to buy tobacco products was raised to 21 back in 2019.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Lasanyia said:

I don't drink but I get high every weekend 👍

Welcome to the forum man, nice to meet ya and hope you enjoy your stay. :)