By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you drink, and if so how much?

I am a...

Non-drinker 49 30.82%

Occasional drinker 72 45.28%

Moderate drinker 28 17.61%

Heavy drinker 10 6.29%

Total:159

As a kid, I tried alcohol with my parent's blessing and thought I was the coolest little shit on the block.

As a teen I continued to drink from time to time because I could but quickly came to realize how little I liked it and I Realized I was just doing it to be cool. It never had an effect on me no matter how much I drank; I never got a buzz or comfortably numb or anything like that. It just tasted bad, was expensive, and made other people idiots I didn't want to be around.

As a young adult and legal drinking age, I got bored of it but people still thought I was fun to party with so I drank until I was blackout drunk (Took a full 40oz on my own), and haven't drank since then. I just don't see the appeal and only ever did when I was an insecure kid trying to fit in and be cool. Now I'm just my own person and I not only don't drink but don't smoke or do any drugs. I just don't see the appeal and don't understand people who do. I like having my mental faculties, thank you very much.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
curl-6 said:

Man, this lockdown is threatening to turn me into a damn alcoholic haha, so damn bored all the time I'm constantly tempted to drink just for the sensation and stimulation. I'm trying to limit myself to only drinking during my fortnightly zoom hangouts with work friends, for the sake of my liver.

Has anyone here tried Strong Zero/-196/Double Lemon? It's this Japanese drink that's recently come out in Australia where they deep freeze a lemon to -196 Celsius then crush it and mix it with vodka and rice liquor. It's freaking amazing.

Are there any other flavours? I can see a watermelon tasting great frozen in liquid nitrogen lol

Not that I know of but that does sound really awesome haha. 

Runa216 said:

As a kid, I tried alcohol with my parent's blessing and thought I was the coolest little shit on the block.

As a teen I continued to drink from time to time because I could but quickly came to realize how little I liked it and I Realized I was just doing it to be cool. It never had an effect on me no matter how much I drank; I never got a buzz or comfortably numb or anything like that. It just tasted bad, was expensive, and made other people idiots I didn't want to be around.

As a young adult and legal drinking age, I got bored of it but people still thought I was fun to party with so I drank until I was blackout drunk (Took a full 40oz on my own), and haven't drank since then. I just don't see the appeal and only ever did when I was an insecure kid trying to fit in and be cool. Now I'm just my own person and I not only don't drink but don't smoke or do any drugs. I just don't see the appeal and don't understand people who do. I like having my mental faculties, thank you very much.

Well, personally, the main reason I drink is to take a break from the often terrifying and demanding nature of reality and just enjoy feeling relaxed and spaced out. I don't think to the point of being sick though, it's a fine balance you gotta hit.

I don't smoke or do any illegal drugs though; I have no desire to get lung cancer and I don't wanna go to jail.

curl-6 said:

Well, personally, the main reason I drink is to take a break from the often terrifying and demanding nature of reality and just enjoy feeling relaxed and spaced out. I don't think to the point of being sick though, it's a fine balance you gotta hit.

I don't smoke or do any illegal drugs though; I have no desire to get lung cancer and I don't wanna go to jail.

That's what video games are to me. I use them and movies and my writing career to get away from the realities of this life. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
curl-6 said:

That's what video games are to me. I use them and movies and my writing career to get away from the realities of this life. 

Me too actually, all of those things. (Though writing for me is a hobby, not a career)

Alcohol is more something I do when I hang out with friends to ease the bite of social anxiety.

curl-6 said:
Cobretti2 said:

Are there any other flavours? I can see a watermelon tasting great frozen in liquid nitrogen lol

Well i been doing some googling lol

https://redbottle.com.au/suntory-peach-can/

https://redbottle.com.au/suntory-strong-zero-grapefruit-350ml-cans

Around the Network

Only special occasion.

Cobretti2 said:
curl-6 said:

Well i been doing some googling lol

https://redbottle.com.au/suntory-peach-can/

https://redbottle.com.au/suntory-strong-zero-grapefruit-350ml-cans

Nice, I'll have to get around to trying out both someday, especially grapefruit, that sounds like it'd have a nice bite to it.

The standard lemon one immediately became one of my all time favourite alcoholic drinks.

Well, tonight's my once in a fortnight zoom hangout with my work friends which is the only time I drink these days. (I still can't believe I essentially get paid to drink with my friends haha)

Gonna make some Honey Storms; honey liqueur, lime juice, and ginger beer. Hope its as good as it sounds. If I post nonsense later it's because I had a few too many haha.

like a fish sometimes

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

I don't drink.
I don't smoke.
I don't use drugs.

Giant waste of money.
Rather put that in games or a nice steak

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil