By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you drink, and if so how much?

I am a...

Non-drinker 49 30.82%

Occasional drinker 72 45.28%

Moderate drinker 28 17.61%

Heavy drinker 10 6.29%

Total:159

Mine is Once every week so 52 in total for each year.

Around the Network

I figure maybe it's time for me to expand my horizons and try some more different drinks; there is still a lot I haven't gotten around to yet like gin, brandy, or cognac. I've been sticking pretty closely to my favourites for many years now and not really trying new ones.

I'm also still working on finding just the right balance where I can drink enough to enjoy the effects but not feel like crap the next day or damage my health.

More than I should, put it that way. ESPECIALLY this year with the lockdowns/semi-lockdowns. Basically most days a week and drinks-per-week typically in the high teens. Though I've been making a point to take periodic breaks of several weeks in each of the past few years. In 2017 I took a few weeks off. 2018 a month, and '19 and '20 I did roughly 10 weeks totally dry. I'm hoping to progressively expand that with each year (as well as drink a bit less and take more days off when I'm NOT in those breaks), until eventually I wean myself into being either completely sober or at least close to it.

I'm realizing more and more that the short-term pleasures (which seem to be getting increasingly marginal anyway) are being outweighed by the long-term gains in physical and mental well-being. I felt like a million bucks during my breaks.

Last edited by DarthMetalliCube - on 26 December 2020

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

curl-6 said:

Yeah same here, once I start drinking it's very hard to stop, it's taken me many years to train myself to pull back once I start to feel the buzz.

I've never had the issue. I can stop whenever. But the way I look at it is alcohol although fun to drink is a waste of money as you piss it out. So I don't like wasting money so don't do it frequently and just go heavy on a few social occasions. 

curl-6 said:

I figure maybe it's time for me to expand my horizons and try some more different drinks; there is still a lot I haven't gotten around to yet like gin, brandy, or cognac. I've been sticking pretty closely to my favourites for many years now and not really trying new ones.

I'm also still working on finding just the right balance where I can drink enough to enjoy the effects but not feel like crap the next day or damage my health.

Good idea, your taste buds change over time whe you are growing into an adult, so you may find other drink you like.

That limit is 24 shots

Around the Network

Imma give it up completely for as long as it takes to quit cigarettes again. I lost my girlfriend because we drank together constantly and i foolishly reassociated it with smoking. I lost all my zing. I’m 3weeks w/o a drink or a smoke.

This is a very difficult question. Because how much does it mean a lot actually? : D
For some people it is a lot of 3 beers and for some a 0.5 of vodka is not much xD
Until now, I was a person who drank mainly vodka but with time I discovered Whiski and I must admit that it is definitely my favorite drink. It works, but you get so culturally drunk

Yes. Haven't done so in months, but yes. THC is my preferred vice. Use that one almost daily.

4 ≈ One

Well, I'm gonna be drinking tonight for the first time in a while, so be prepared if I come in here all affectionate and drunkposting haha.

Gonna try something new; I call it the Firefruit Express; a part Cointreau to 4 parts watermelon cidar. Will try to walk the fine line and not end up feeling like I've been digested by Godzilla tomorrow morning.

curl-6 said:

Well, I'm gonna be drinking tonight for the first time in a while, so be prepared if I come in here all affectionate and drunkposting haha.

Gonna try something new; I call it the Firefruit Express; a part Cointreau to 4 parts watermelon cidar. Will try to walk the fine line and not end up feeling like I've been digested by Godzilla tomorrow morning.

Ease into it.  Don't go too fast.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.