By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you drink, and if so how much?

I am a...

Non-drinker 49 30.82%

Occasional drinker 72 45.28%

Moderate drinker 28 17.61%

Heavy drinker 10 6.29%

Total:159
Ka-pi96 said:
Dulfite said:

I drink maybe 2-3 times a month on average. Sweet wine, Peach Bellini, Hawaii Surprise, Bahama Mama, and Banana Daiquiri are my favorites, but nothing beats a good Blackberry Thicket wine from a local winery. People that know me and my personality think it's really amusing that the only alcoholic drinks I like are these really sweet ones haha.

To this day the only beer I've ever fully drinked was an IPA. Had a person convinced if I finished it, I would quickly fall in love with IPA and all beer shortly thereafter. Took me 1.5 hours of sipping but I did finish it. Was one of the most bitter and foul things I've ever consumed in my life and I still don't like beer (this was years ago lol).

Since you like sweet drinks, if you ever want to give beer another try, why not try a shandy? Just pour half a glass of beer and the other half lemonade.

Or personally I like to do it with ginger ale rather than lemonade. It tastes great! That's my go to when I just want a drink after work while watching TV.

Any beer recommendation with the lemonade? I hate 99% of alcoholic drinks, but I'm always willing to try haha.

Around the Network

I am 36, and I have never had alcohol. A fact that I am proud of.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Dulfite said:

I drink maybe 2-3 times a month on average. Sweet wine, Peach Bellini, Hawaii Surprise, Bahama Mama, and Banana Daiquiri are my favorites, but nothing beats a good Blackberry Thicket wine from a local winery. People that know me and my personality think it's really amusing that the only alcoholic drinks I like are these really sweet ones haha.

To this day the only beer I've ever fully drinked was an IPA. Had a person convinced if I finished it, I would quickly fall in love with IPA and all beer shortly thereafter. Took me 1.5 hours of sipping but I did finish it. Was one of the most bitter and foul things I've ever consumed in my life and I still don't like beer (this was years ago lol).

If you ever looking for another reasonable price (~$10-$15 a 750ml bottle) very sweat wine then basically everyone I know that like sweat wine swear by Risata Moscato D'Asti.  Wine not really my thing but I can say it defiantly very sweat.  

curl-6 said:
Yeah same here, once I start drinking it's very hard to stop, it's taken me many years to train myself to pull back once I start to feel the buzz.

Got any tips?

Ka-pi96 said:
curl-6 said:

Hit pretty much a perfect balance last night; got tipsy enough to feel fuzzy and relaxed, but not drunk enough that I feel sick this morning or did anything stupid or embarrassing. It's a difficult point for me to hit because it takes a lot to get me tipsy, so by the time I get there I can easily overshoot.

Fun fact; even when we were in a Stage 4 lockdown here, the liquor stores stayed open. Government knew they'd be hell to pay if they tried to separate Australians from our booze, pandemic or no pandemic.

You guys go to liquor stores?

Isn't it easier to just buy your booze from the supermarket or something as part of your grocery shop?

Waaaait... Wait. wait. Hold up. - That is a thing!? Alcohol in a grocery shop? Get shit faced while shopping?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

I dislike the taste so I don't drink alcohol.

snyps said:
curl-6 said:
Yeah same here, once I start drinking it's very hard to stop, it's taken me many years to train myself to pull back once I start to feel the buzz.

Got any tips?

I wish I did, it's really just a matter of me telling myself over and over that no, as much as I want to now, I will regret it in the morning, and putting the bottle away.

Ka-pi96 said:
Pemalite said:

Waaaait... Wait. wait. Hold up. - That is a thing!? Alcohol in a grocery shop? Get shit faced while shopping?

Of course. Although not in Australia, apparently?

But yeah, supermarkets and convenience stores have beer, wine & spirits.

Whereabouts are you again?
I remember when I briefly studied in Japan I used to be amazed you could just buy booze from a convenience store, how it was right there next to the soft drinks haha

Ka-pi96 said:
curl-6 said:

I remember when I briefly studied in Japan I used to be amazed you could just buy booze from a convenience store, how it was right there next to the soft drinks haha

Yeah, Japan. Although that's not exclusive to here. In the UK too you can buy alcohol in convenience stores, I expect that's the case for most of Europe actually.

Here we do also have beer vending machines, I don't think those exist anywhere else, especially considering they don't even require ID checks or anything.

Yeah ID checks are legally compulsory here so that wouldn't be allowed haha. 

Some supermarkets have a liquor section but its partitioned from the rest of the shop kinda like an attached separate store.

Ka-pi96 said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah ID checks are legally compulsory here so that wouldn't be allowed haha. 

Some supermarkets have a liquor section but its partitioned from the rest of the shop kinda like an attached separate store.

Partitioning off the alcohol section? That's weird!

I thought Australia was supposed to be one of the most pro-booze countries there is?

The Australian people are very pro-booze, but the government tries (futilely) to discourage us haha

curl-6 said:
snyps said:
curl-6 said:

Got any tips?

I wish I did, it's really just a matter of me telling myself over and over that no, as much as I want to now, I will regret it in the morning, and putting the bottle away.

Ka-pi96 said:
Pemalite said:

Of course. Although not in Australia, apparently?

But yeah, supermarkets and convenience stores have beer, wine & spirits.

South Australia. Mind blown though.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--