By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you drink, and if so how much?

I am a...

Non-drinker 49 30.82%

Occasional drinker 72 45.28%

Moderate drinker 28 17.61%

Heavy drinker 10 6.29%

Total:159
dx11332sega said:

It's complicated to say , I'll leave you guys to think how many cans since being depressed of Toshihiro Nagoshi leaving Sega ? Nagoshi is the Yakuza series creator.

what will happen to the series?

Around the Network

Heavy drinker, 3 litters per day, sometimes still water, mostly sparkling

Tried a gin and tonic for the first time, have come to the conclusion that I really dislike gin haha.

But hey, in the mean time I'm cruising VGChartz in a pleasurably tipsy state, so it wasn't all bad, just know to try something else next time!

Once in a while i take alcohol. One or two in a year. I take soft drinks like fanta, more.

Check these hilarious commentsFunny Comments and replies

spynx said:

Once in a while i take alcohol. One or two in a year. I take soft drinks like fanta, more.

How is Fanta? I've never actually tried it.

Around the Network

Before I started watching my weight I probably had a couple drinks two or three times a week. Now I just drink socially since that's a lot of empty calories.
I like beer best, Brown Ales, Red Ales, or IPAs being my favorites, but good Bourbon is also delicious. I'd highly recommend Woodford Reserve or Four Roses.
Wine and mixed drinks are okay, but I don't like anything that's too sweet.

Yutilk said:

How is Fanta? I've never actually tried it.

Very sweet. Personally, I like it, but I mostly avoid it because of the high sugar contents.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Runa216 said:
SvennoJ said:

Alcohol free beer does not taste fine! But sure, when cooking with wine, sometimes the last stage is 'flambee' or burning off the alcohol.

Btw you don't put alcohol in stuff, it's a natural process. Leave your fruit sitting too long and it can ferment on its own. The alcohol gives it a 'kick' like adding spice to food. You don't straight up eat black pepper either, but it's a great seasoning! Of course if you can't stand the taste of black pepper, it will ruin every food you put it on.

Vodka is the closest to pure alcohol 'taste' I guess, and it does taste like what I imagine turpentine tastes like. Not a favorite.

Yes, I am well aware of the science behind it. I know that fermenting results in a distinct flavour and alcohol as a byproduct. I know you don't just take 100% pure alcohol and infuse it into things. However, the alcohol itself does have a distinct chemical compound and a flavour. 

Beer tastes terrible regardless. Like Barf and goat piss. I was referring mostly to 'girly' drinks like cocktails and mixes. 

Have you tried drinking straight shots?

Most those drink mixes that you refer to girly, you can barely taste any alcohol in them lol. They have less than 5% alcohol content.

Some mixes and especially cocktails are too damn sweet and they can make you feel like vomiting. I found that with some alcohols i.e. bourbon and coke, Vodka and OJ. I can't drink it makes me sick. However straight shots I can and not even feel sick.

Cobretti2 said:
Runa216 said:

Yes, I am well aware of the science behind it. I know that fermenting results in a distinct flavour and alcohol as a byproduct. I know you don't just take 100% pure alcohol and infuse it into things. However, the alcohol itself does have a distinct chemical compound and a flavour. 

Beer tastes terrible regardless. Like Barf and goat piss. I was referring mostly to 'girly' drinks like cocktails and mixes. 

Have you tried drinking straight shots?

Most those drink mixes that you refer to girly, you can barely taste any alcohol in them lol. They have less than 5% alcohol content.

Some mixes and especially cocktails are too damn sweet and they can make you feel like vomiting. I found that with some alcohols i.e. bourbon and coke, Vodka and OJ. I can't drink it makes me sick. However straight shots I can and not even feel sick.

Yes, I drank moonshine at 16/17, I was a regular drinker in my teens right up till 19, then slowly until I was 21 I stopped. I know what they taste like, and I can ALWAYS taste the alcohol in them. 

People who say you can't taste it are desensitized. Even 2% alcohol or 0.5% alcohol drinks I can taste it. It's a very powerful, very distinct taste. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I'm 20 and I dont really like drinking just cause of the taste, but during special occasions like a party or hanging out with my fam I will drink til I'm drunk to get a good drunk feeling. However, these occasions only happen like once every few months so I dont drink often and I'd never drink casually tbh. Plus I'm not even legal age to drink in the U.S so I get less opportunities to drink in places like bars or restaurants.