By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you drink, and if so how much?

I am a...

Non-drinker 49 30.82%

Occasional drinker 72 45.28%

Moderate drinker 28 17.61%

Heavy drinker 10 6.29%

Total:159

Well, the timing of this thread is interesting. If ya'll know me, I love to drink - and have up to 6 nights a week for many, many years now,

However, I have been on a diet since Oct. 17 and have not had a drop since. I've lost 10 lbs. Trying to lose another 10-15 before end of Nov.

Not planning on having another drink until then. Oh yes, Vodka is my choice. White Russians and Cape Codders.

Around the Network

I am currently a moderate drinker but have been a heavy drinker. I probably drink on average once a week and get drunk roughly once per month. I used to drink a LOT back in the days. Had a 5 year period in my life where I partied 4-5 times a week. It was fun, and I have a lot of fun memories, but it was enough. I still love to party, but the types where I go changed a lot, and the quality of the booze went up considerably.

Used to drink anything that I could get my hands on, but today I mostly drink high-quality coniac, (at least XO or older Moldavian divin), or actual Russian/Ukrainian vodka. The reason? I can afford them with my current paycheck and I mostly drink them for taste rather than to get drunk. When I get drunk it's usually vine or beer...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Edit: double-post

bartkuz said:
One or two beers once every few days, occasionally something stronger. strange to see so many non drinkers here. I live in the city, almost everybody drinks here.

Yeah, it is strange. I don't think I know anyone my age who doesn't drink at least occasionally, and if they don't it's mostly down to religios beliefs. But then, I am from eastern-europe, so it's understandable.

Occasionally. 1 or 2 bottles of beer every week or two. Mainly craft beer. I'm not really into hard liquors and spirits. I also brew up my own beer, as well as the occasional batch of cider or mead.

Around the Network

Social drinker which means last time I had any alcohol was all the way back in march. Favorite drink is ether Belgian or Dutch style beer, with a Quadrupel being my favorite. My top 2 would be St. Bernardus ABT 12 followed by Ommegang Three Philosophers. Both expensive and probably not going to find it in a restaurant so in those setting I mostly just get something like a Blue Moon since it basically available anywhere.

Back when I was in my early 20's over a decade ago was more of a moderate/heavy drinker and prefer hard liquor whiskey, vodka etc. Those days are long behind me and I no longer have the tolerance I had back then and even moderate drinking these days would mean I not going to want to do anything the next day. It just not worth feeling that way or putting my body through that anymore. I think last time I drank enough to be drunk was about 5 years ago.

Sure, I drink. Usually a beer or two per day. Maybe a glass of Remy Martin. If I'm going out to dinner, I might have a Martini, or a few glasses of wine. If I'm at a party, a bar late at night, or on vacation somewhere, I'll probably have some caipis, or whatever other cocktail I'm in the mood for.

Never had even a sip of an alcoholic beverage. Don’t even drink soda.... I tend to just drink water...

I swear the people in this forum are the weirdest bunch.
I do drink of course, mostly whisky. Beer and wine would be my secondary choices.

Non-drinker, alcohol is poison