By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What's next for Naughty Dog?

Well, there have been rumors for awhile now that Naughty Dog was working on a sci-fi game, so I guess one of their 2 teams is developing that, which will be their next game. As for Druckmann's team, I believe he recently said that he was trying to decide between TLOU part 3 and a new IP, but before that they will presumably port TLOU 2 to PS5 and release the multiplayer mode for it. 

No new Uncharted from them I guess, but thankfully there have been rumors for more than a year now that the Uncharted IP has moved to a new team at Sony San Diego (separate from their MLB The Show team), and a new game is being co-developed by Sony San Diego and Sony's San Mateo support studio. Hoping that is the start of a new trilogy focused on Cassie Drake personally. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 18 October 2020

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
They need to keep the tradition of releasing a kart racer as a way to say goodbye to an IP. They did it with Crash Team Racing and Jak X Combat Racing. They need to release Uncharted: Offroad Race for Glory. Have it be a mix of Motorstorm and Mario Kart Double Dash. Have two characters per vehicle, one steering and one firing weapons at other racers. Drake can tell Elena to keep driving while he jumps to the enemy car to steal back the treasure. Race through Jungle, Snow, Ruins, City Slums, etc.

I wish I had to power to make that game a reality.

That dream ended with UC4, because it was a trillogy then a kart.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Signalstar said:
They need to keep the tradition of releasing a kart racer as a way to say goodbye to an IP. They did it with Crash Team Racing and Jak X Combat Racing. They need to release Uncharted: Offroad Race for Glory. Have it be a mix of Motorstorm and Mario Kart Double Dash. Have two characters per vehicle, one steering and one firing weapons at other racers. Drake can tell Elena to keep driving while he jumps to the enemy car to steal back the treasure. Race through Jungle, Snow, Ruins, City Slums, etc.

I wish I had to power to make that game a reality.

:))))) Man, I wish they would actually make that even if it was a smaller 20$ game and made by a different studio and completely over the top!

OT: hopefully a new IP. I love Uncharted and TLoU, but they are usually best when they make new stuff. I also hope that Sony actually puts pressure on them, and crunch will be scaled back. They are my favorite studio and I would hate to see that amazing talent being drained for no other reason than to release a game a year early. Hell, I wouldn't even care if they became a 2 game/gen studio if they maintain the quality of their output.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Factions should be next by the B team- then hopefully Savage Starlight before they circle back to close out The Last Of Us trilogy.

I'd like to see them do something new with the next console generation.As much as I like both Uncharted and The Last of Us, I think both of those series could use an extended break right now.

My Most Recent Articles:

1. The $70 Lie

2. Video Game Music Spotlight #16: Exploring the World

3. Forgotten Gems #11: Uniracers/Unirally

For my non-video game related writings you can check my blog below.

Latest Post: Disney Canon: Dumbo (1941)

Around the Network

I NEED Part III, but a new IP will be good too.

I expect a PS5 edition of TLOU2 some time next year that hopefully does indeed bring Factions back - although it might actually be a standalone title this time with more of a live service focus. I expect we will get a Part 3 (with Ellie) to close things out eventually, but first we'll get a new IP. Uncharted could get a reboot of sorts via Sony's new San Diego studio.

Most likely a new IP.

I wonder if it will have the same format as TLOU Part II in terms of story structure. As divisive as Part II was in terms of plot, I enjoyed the converging narrative.

PotentHerbs said:
Most likely a new IP.

I wonder if it will have the same format as TLOU Part II in terms of story structure. As divisive as Part II was in terms of plot, I enjoyed the converging narrative.

I'm still to start Yakuza 5, but Yakuza 4 have 4 chars and you basically play most of the time with a part of the storyline occuring at the same time for all of them (you play the full of each before the end when they get together, and you play only that char for that time). And I'll say it was very well done.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I hope it's a new IP. I fear it'll be another Uncharted sequel.

Last edited by Machina - on 19 October 2020