By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What's next for Naughty Dog?

sales2099 said:
hinch said:

Wow that was quick. Not what the OP was asking.

OP was wondering what’s next for ND. That sounds like a open ended question. I said after they launch the LOU2 remaster with MP they will explore a new IP. Don’t see how that was off topic. 

Yes. I do think there is quite an opening for they do remaster or launch a definitive edition for PS5 with the multiplayer included. Also there will probably be paid patches for UC4 and perhaps definitive edition with Lost Legacy together... they have enough power to make a big sale with that (even if it isn't really customer friendly).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
melbye said:
Probably something really mediocre that will be entirely overrated

6. SUBSTANCE - Content is king for all posts and threads (for more rules on thread creation, see Rule 3). Some tips to keep you and your posts out of trouble:

1. Do not say that item A sucks, or that item B is better than item C. Give reasons why, and provide evidence (articles, screenshots, technical information, even opinion etc.).

8. TROLLING - Posts or signatures slamming a platform without basis - be it a specific console, macs, windows, or anything similar - will not be tolerated. This applies to specific games as well as consoles.

1. Explain and justify your opinions. If you have nothing reasonable and/or relevant to add to a topic, then don't post at all

You're free to not like Naughty Dog but this kind of post really adds nothing to the conversation. If you think they're overrated or their games are mediocre, then you can explain why. Without any sort of evidence or argument backing them up, posts like this will be considered trolling, and moderated as such.

JWeinCom said:
melbye said:
Probably something really mediocre that will be entirely overrated

6. SUBSTANCE - Content is king for all posts and threads (for more rules on thread creation, see Rule 3). Some tips to keep you and your posts out of trouble:

1. Do not say that item A sucks, or that item B is better than item C. Give reasons why, and provide evidence (articles, screenshots, technical information, even opinion etc.).

8. TROLLING - Posts or signatures slamming a platform without basis - be it a specific console, macs, windows, or anything similar - will not be tolerated. This applies to specific games as well as consoles.

1. Explain and justify your opinions. If you have nothing reasonable and/or relevant to add to a topic, then don't post at all

You're free to not like Naughty Dog but this kind of post really adds nothing to the conversation. If you think they're overrated or their games are mediocre, then you can explain why. Without any sort of evidence or argument backing them up, posts like this will be considered trolling, and moderated as such.

It would also be off-topic, because the thread isn't asking about the quality or anything related. Just what people think will be the next game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
JWeinCom said:

It would also be off-topic, because the thread isn't asking about the quality or anything related. Just what people think will be the next game.

I don't know if I'd say that. Discussing their past games may be relevant to discussing what they'll do in the future depending on the phrasing. At any rate, it's been dealt with, so people can move on to more productive conversation.

They need to go back to Jak. They're getting too edgy for no reason.

Around the Network

They need to keep the tradition of releasing a kart racer as a way to say goodbye to an IP. They did it with Crash Team Racing and Jak X Combat Racing. They need to release Uncharted: Offroad Race for Glory. Have it be a mix of Motorstorm and Mario Kart Double Dash. Have two characters per vehicle, one steering and one firing weapons at other racers. Drake can tell Elena to keep driving while he jumps to the enemy car to steal back the treasure. Race through Jungle, Snow, Ruins, City Slums, etc.

I wish I had to power to make that game a reality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Signalstar said:
They need to keep the tradition of releasing a kart racer as a way to say goodbye to an IP. They did it with Crash Team Racing and Jak X Combat Racing. They need to release Uncharted: Offroad Race for Glory. Have it be a mix of Motorstorm and Mario Kart Double Dash. Have two characters per vehicle, one steering and one firing weapons at other racers. Drake can tell Elena to keep driving while he jumps to the enemy car to steal back the treasure. Race through Jungle, Snow, Ruins, City Slums, etc.

That dream ended with UC4, because it was a trillogy then a kart.

Signalstar said:

:))))) Man, I wish they would actually make that even if it was a smaller 20$ game and made by a different studio and completely over the top!

OT: hopefully a new IP. I love Uncharted and TLoU, but they are usually best when they make new stuff. I also hope that Sony actually puts pressure on them, and crunch will be scaled back. They are my favorite studio and I would hate to see that amazing talent being drained for no other reason than to release a game a year early. Hell, I wouldn't even care if they became a 2 game/gen studio if they maintain the quality of their output.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Factions should be next by the B team- then hopefully Savage Starlight before they circle back to close out The Last Of Us trilogy.

I'd like to see them do something new with the next console generation.As much as I like both Uncharted and The Last of Us, I think both of those series could use an extended break right now.