By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What's next for Naughty Dog?

DonFerrari said:
hinch said:

Yeah TLOU 2 went way too dark and in the deep end. We don't need another game like that any time soon. It needs to be more light-hearted game.

I wouldn't mind if they had a go at Sci-fi with RPG elements. If it was something akin to a Mass Effect I wouldn't complain. Like, at all.

Well I think ND should do something like Lost Legacy and Left Behind to give us another game on TLOU engine and assets on a short time, and then another title from that team by the end of the gen (and I don't need TLOU3), this should be something telling the gap between 1 and 2, showing how Joel became so different.

I'd be down for that. Even a spin-off game

Spoiler!
with Abby and Lev.

It's just that I feel like they might have burned too many bridges with TLOU 2 that they might shy away from the franchise.

Around the Network

I need TLOU 2 Remastered for PS5 where they put back in the damn multi-player. I really enjoyed playing Factions on the first game. It's one of the reasons I haven't played Part II yet.

I have a high opinion of Naughty Dog. Cutting out the multi-player is the first time they disappointed me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Well we all know they gonna release a next gen remaster with the cut multiplayer as a reason to jump into the PS5 version. Probably holiday 2021. After that, probably a new Ip. They tend to do that (I don’t see them going back to say Jak)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Well we all know they gonna release a next gen remaster with the cut multiplayer as a reason to jump into the PS5 version. Probably holiday 2021. After that, probably a new Ip. They tend to do that (I don’t see them going back to say Jak)

Wow that was quick. Not what the OP was asking.

hinch said:
sales2099 said:

OP was wondering what’s next for ND. That sounds like a open ended question. I said after they launch the LOU2 remaster with MP they will explore a new IP. Don’t see how that was off topic. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Factions is most my played multiplayer game on both PS3 and PS4. I can't fucking wait to play 2.0.

Other than that, I hope to see a new IP. Considering ND's usual consistency, it's about time

1996: Crash Bandicoot
+ 5 years
2001: Jak and Daxter
+ 6 years
2007: Uncharted
+ 6 years
2013: The Last of Us

sales2099 said:
hinch said:

OP was wondering what’s next for ND. That sounds like a open ended question. I said after they launch the LOU2 remaster with MP they will explore a new IP. Don’t see how that was off topic. 

I don't see anything wrong with what sales posted (other than ripping off my post). It's on topic and makes sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

sales2099 said:
hinch said:

I guess that was a bit harsh. I thought it was pretty clear from the OP he was referring to what is ND's big release is going to be. Apologies, didn't mean to come across as abrasive :P

On topic I don't think I want another Jak and Daxter and I think ND are over that. If anything they can pass that to a smaller studio.

Last edited by hinch - on 18 October 2020

Probably something really mediocre that will be entirely overrated

melbye said:
Probably something really mediocre that will be entirely overrated

At least 94-95 on metacritic :)