By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What's next for Naughty Dog?

melbye said:
Probably something really mediocre that will be entirely overrated

Like all the games you praise?

Around the Network

Everything they release is gold, and my favorite games outside of Nintendo made games. I hope they do upgrade both Uncharted 4 and TLOU2 free for the PS5. After that I'm down for anything give me a new ip, give me another Uncharted with Sully or Cutter, give me TLOU 3. Whatever they make I'm sure I will be buying it!

They should make a sci-fi

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Hopefully a new IP. Uncharted is wrapped up, they could have left it alone at 3 TBH. Let it end on the positive note it did.

If they make a LoU3, they need to make an all new cast where we see other events in the same world. Joel and Ellie's stories were done with the first game, so they shouldn't have tried to drag it out. That world has a lot of potential, but it is time to move on from the Ellie IMO.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Hynad said:
melbye said:

I only praise actual masterpieces

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Well we all know they gonna release a next gen remaster with the cut multiplayer as a reason to jump into the PS5 version. Probably holiday 2021. After that, probably a new Ip. They tend to do that (I don’t see them going back to say Jak)

This is the most likely scenario imo.

And for those who think ND will take too much time to announce their new project(s), all we have to do is paying attention to ND strategy in the past two generations: the original UC was released in less than a year after PS3 was launched. UC4 was annonced on the very day PS4 was launched and was released in 2016, about two years after. I expect ND to show their new projects at anytime in 2021, and the release date could be in late 2022.

melbye said:
Hynad said:

I only praise actual masterpieces

Lol. Get over yourself.

melbye said:

What an absolute piss poor comment. How about being on topic for once instead of the constant derailing/downplaying/trolling.

If someone jumped into a thread about the next game from Nintendo EPD and wrote that, they'd be banned in seconds.

hinch said:
DonFerrari said:

Well I think ND should do something like Lost Legacy and Left Behind to give us another game on TLOU engine and assets on a short time, and then another title from that team by the end of the gen (and I don't need TLOU3), this should be something telling the gap between 1 and 2, showing how Joel became so different.

I'd be down for that. Even a spin-off game

It's just that I feel like they might have burned too many bridges with TLOU 2 that they might shy away from the franchise.

Well they may have gained some haters, but the title still sold quite well, and making these expansions are very cheap from what we heard from left behind and lost legacy being like 6-12months project with small team and still sold quite well.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Replicant said:
melbye said:

What an absolute piss poor comment. How about being on topic for once instead of the constant derailing/downplaying/trolling.

If someone jumped into a thread about the next game from Nintendo EPD and wrote that, they'd be banned in seconds.

I entirely agree, which is why i reported myself