By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Great graphics, shame about the gameplay

curl-6 said:
LivncA_Dis3 said:

plus why do re5 and re6 gameplay suck?

re6 has sliding maybe some dodgy cover system,
but the character controls were amazing.

yeah re5 has same tank controls as re4 but that doesn't mean that re5 was crappy gameplay in anyway?

Just personally, I found the forced co-op and shitty partner AI ruined RE5, and the incessant QTEs, barely interactive setpieces, and bloated excess killed RE6.

I hated 6, but 5 is the best co op game ever made in my opinion. Had a blast playing online. But as a resident evil game, it started great, but story went to shit.

Around the Network

The Intellivision.

(Goes back to playing my one orange buttoned Atari 2600 joystick.)

KratosLives said:
curl-6 said:

Just personally, I found the forced co-op and shitty partner AI ruined RE5, and the incessant QTEs, barely interactive setpieces, and bloated excess killed RE6.

I hated 6, but 5 is the best co op game ever made in my opinion. Had a blast playing online. But as a resident evil game, it started great, but story went to shit.

I just would've rather played it alone, without having to use Sheva as a pack horse who wastes ammo and herbs like it's going out of fashion but is never there when I need her.

That was the other thing that sucked, that horrible inventory which gave you nowhere near enough space.

Delete the partner and keep the case inventory system from RE4 and it actually would've been a good game.

Leynos said:
HoloDust said:

Omicron is actually quite good game (something that fans are still hoping would get announced sequel some day), if somewhat unpolished and bit too ahead of its time. Indigo Prophecy is fairly solid experience, if you like P&C adventure games. Rest...yeah, he went too much in indulging his inner Hollywood director wannabe.

Owned it once upon a time. It was beyond awful. Horrible gameplay. Stupid obtuse areas that tell you nothing how to progress. It's the game that makes me realize why the rest of his games have practically no real gameplay. Trying to hide how inept he is as a level and game designer.

Not sure what game you're referring to...I still own Omicron, still play it from time to time, still like it just like back in days. Indigo on the pother hand I played only once, it was ok, but there are vastly better P&C adventures out there.

Peh said:
Crysis. Surely, I can't be the only one. Gameplay is rather bland. And the suit makes you overpowered. Even on the hardest difficulty, it's a cake walk. Invisible mode plus silencer is all you need.

100% in agreement with this, the gameplay is really weak. Shooting mechanics are weak, physics completely whack, the AI is beyond stupid and the suit is overpowered by nature and removes any and all challenge from the game. I remember how hard Far Cry was when it released, Crysis was a disappointment in almost every way possible. Not to mention the terrible writing and story.

Around the Network

I have to put Ori in this category. It looks great but ran so bad on my laptop (which could run spin tires in 1080p60 on high settings, open world, terrain deformation etc) it was unplayable even at 540p. It stuttered every time there was a fight. Typical graphics over gameplay. It turned me off the series.

Un recent years , Ghost of Tsushima and RDR2. Painfully repetitive.

In history,
Uncharted Drakes Fortune
Ryse Son Of Rome
Heavy Rain
Lair
Heavenly Sword
The Order
Most Resident Evil games.

I don't get the Last Of Us Mentions. Great gameplay. Played it twice last gen, twice this gen. 

foodfather said:

I don't get the Last Of Us Mentions. Great gameplay. Played it twice last gen, twice this gen. 

It's great stealth-action but most people don't like this sub-genre so they call it mediocre and boring.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

m0ney said:
foodfather said:

It's great stealth-action but most people don't like this sub-genre so they call it mediocre and boring.

I agree, stealth-action is great and very immersive, also let's not forget the very solid multiplayer included in the game.

Last of Us doesn't even have great stealth. Some of the sandbox elements of being given a set of enemies and wiping them out in various ways is cool, but I can easily see why people would say the gameplay is lacking. Especially the first game. It's a complaint you see with ND games, gorgeous graphics, gameplay not so much.

I'll second mentions of The Order and Ryse. Also throw in Forza 7, more like Snoreza 7. Red Dead 2 as well, sometimes less is more. Watch Dogs.