By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Great graphics, shame about the gameplay

HoloDust said:
Leynos said:

Owned it once upon a time. It was beyond awful. Horrible gameplay. Stupid obtuse areas that tell you nothing how to progress. It's the game that makes me realize why the rest of his games have practically no real gameplay. Trying to hide how inept he is as a level and game designer.

Not sure what game you're referring to...I still own Omicron, still play it from time to time, still like it just like back in days. Indigo on the pother hand I played only once, it was ok, but there are vastly better P&C adventures out there.

Refering to Omikron. It was a massive POS.



Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Absolutely 100% Red Dead Redemption 2



RDR2 was great, as long as you ignored the story missions :/

And if you're not in a hurry to get somewhere

It deserves a special mention for the bounty mechanism, undermining whatever game play opportunities it offered.

GT Sport falls in this category too now ever since PD totally abandoned improving the penalty system. It's been in shambles since early this year and turned into Forza online. I quit the game a couple months ago after playing it daily since release.



Leynos said:
HoloDust said:

Not sure what game you're referring to...I still own Omicron, still play it from time to time, still like it just like back in days. Indigo on the pother hand I played only once, it was ok, but there are vastly better P&C adventures out there.

Refering to Omikron. It was a massive POS.

No, it really wasn't...it was flawed in many ways, but had mix of different gameplays, great atmosphere and interesting semi-open world. If anything, it was too ambitious for its own good.



HoloDust said:
Leynos said:

Refering to Omikron. It was a massive POS.

No, it really wasn't...it was flawed in many ways, but had mix of different gameplays, great atmosphere and interesting semi-open world. If anything, it was too ambitious for its own good.

It was trash from top to bottom. Didn't even care for the Bowie stuff anf the first person stuff was beyond bad. Cage is incapable of making anything semi-decent. He has the same tropes in every game.

Last edited by Leynos - on 27 September 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Uncharted 4. What a beautiful, but boring ass game. My god, there is part of the game where you play at Nate’s workplace. This game is bad, really bad.



Baddman said:
Red Dead Redemption 2 immediately came to mind

While the gameplay isn’t particularly bad, the overall experience was hampered for me because so many things felt like a chore, especially the upgrade systems in place.

I have to say The order 1886, while not necessarily bad since the few things it does from a gameplay perspective is handled pretty well, it was still too limited in scope and ended up being a rather generic third person shooter. But to this day, it still looks amazing, no denying it.

Valdney said: 
Uncharted 4. What a beautiful, but boring ass game. My god, there is part of the game where you play at Nate’s workplace. This game is bad, really bad.

I have to disagree on this and question where you’re coming from on this one. Especially the bolded part worded in absolute.

Last edited by Hynad - on 27 September 2020


Mad Max. Great graphics and repetitive boring gameplay.



Some others that come to mind on second thoughts:

Sonic & The Secret Rings, Sonic & The Black Knight, Dead Space 3, Rage, Killzone Shadowfall.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Resident Evil 5, GTA 5, Red Dead Redemption, The Last of Us, Uncharted 4 bad/lacking gameplay what the hell am I reading lol.

You guys.....