By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter Rise announced for Switch, mainline entry

Libara said:
JRPGfan said:
looks like a huge downgrade from monster hunter world....

In what way?

Looked far better to me, a lot more fun and enjoyable than anything I've seen from the PS5 reveal yesterday.

Yeah, if anything the PS5 reveal yesterday convinced me not to hurry and upgrade (all games coming to PS4/PC as well).

Nintendo with the Switch:

Around the Network

Heavy vertical elements have now been added I got a BOTW vibe from watch the MHND and seeing the player being able to scale walls.

I liked what I saw, especially the new movement options with this bug thing.

JRPGfan said:
scottslater said:

In what way?

Models, enviroments, world scape, how barron things appear, when you only see 1 or 2 monsters around.
Just overall the graphics mostly.

Looks good enough for the Switch , this is a fast paced action game that is semi openworld.

We cannot expect graphics that closely compare to Monster Hunter World.

JRPGfan said:
scottslater said:

In what way?

Models, enviroments, world scape, how barron things appear, when you only see 1 or 2 monsters around.

lol okay...

Nintendo with the Switch:

Around the Network

My first reaction: Repede is that you?

I haven't played any Monster Hunter games besides Tri and I didn't get very far in that, but I've been wanting to give the series another shot so maybe I'll get this.
And now we know that 2021 will be another nuts year for the Switch in Japan. It's certainly a win for Tbone's prediction that it will peak next year.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

JRPGfan said:
scottslater said:

In what way?

Kinda unfair to judge the graphics of this switch game to PS4/XBONE games.

For a Switch title this game looks very decent and they still have half a year time to polish it even further.

Last edited by MrWayne - on 17 September 2020

Signalstar said:
Impossible. I heard on very good authority from people on this site that Sony moneyhatted Capcom to keep mainline Monster Hunter from appearing on Switch.

This game will sell like hotcakes in Japan.

Well, the game has no number, so not mainline

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

JRPGfan said:
scottslater said:

In what way?

OK, I couldn't care less. MonHun is a special gameplay, which I haven't seen so far replicated in other games. The graphics shown in the trailer are totally fine, I just hope they didn't dumb down the fighting. What they showed included new mobility options, which are very cool.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Signalstar said:
Impossible. I heard on very good authority from people on this site that Sony moneyhatted Capcom to keep mainline Monster Hunter from appearing on Switch.

This game will sell like hotcakes in Japan.

Well, the game has no number, so not mainline

Tell me which numbers come before and after "World" on the number line?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.