By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter Rise announced for Switch, mainline entry

Man, I have been saying this for a while now: It dose't make sense for MH to be exclusive to one or other system. All games should be multiplatforms from now on.

But yeah, its nice to see Capcom finally taking the Switch seriously.Hope that they keep that going with A NEW MEGAMAN X GAME. I NEED IT CAPCOM.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Looks great. Love the K9 and increased mobility options! To those saying it looks worse than MHWorld: well duh. As long as the gameplay is smooth this game will be a must-have.

Jpcc86 said:

I take it you are eating your Joycons right about now? @curl-6 

We will need video proof.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
Man, I have been saying this for a while now: It dose't make sense for MH to be exclusive to one or other system. All games should be multiplatforms from now on.

But yeah, its nice to see Capcom finally taking the Switch seriously.Hope that they keep that going with A NEW MEGAMAN X GAME. I NEED IT CAPCOM.

I mean, the game was in development for at least 3 years and is an RE Engine game. Capcom always took the Switch seriously. People just couldn't wait for new games. The same thing happened with the DMC fanbase too, it's not just the Switch. People were mad because Capcom never made a new DMC game, calling the series dead and being angry that an improper DmC killed the franchise, even though it later came out from Itsuno himself that DMCV had actually been in development since 2014, just one year after DmC. Games take time. Do you think they're making something like this on the Switch in a year? 

A much bigger joke and a better criticism is just that their ports are very inconsistent in terms of pricing, physical releases, etc. Which doesn't get erased because of a few new games. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
On second thought, I don't think this has much of a chance to come to other platforms. Switch will be at 85-90 million units by the end of 2021. Capcom already has a product for other platforms. It's called Monster Hunter World. I think they would have a pretty difficult time trying to sell this as a $60 game on non-Nintendo platforms. It's been two years since the last MH game for Switch, and that was never ported over either.

Oh, much more than that; easily around 100m.

Around the Network

I hope it's not exclusive to the switch... this game load time will really suck playing on the switch.

not a looker, but several of the new systems seem like nice additions to the formula

great to see they are going for more exploration options and more monster vs monster fighting

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I mean, the game was in development for at least 3 years and is an RE Engine game.

Does it? Any chance for RE 2 remake coming to Switch?

I understand RE7 is not happening, but RE2 remake can run in 6 GB RAM i3 PCs...

Slownenberg said:
Well Switch will for sure get its first multi-million selling 3rd party game in Japan.

Two MH games plus the new Disgaea game all exclusive for Switch next year. Seems people who said 3rd party support for Switch would die with the next gen systems were dead wrong (obviously). And those who said 3rd party support would continue to get better and better as it has been each year, and said 3rd parties probably started making new Switch games in like 2018 after seeing Switch success so games should start coming out in 2021 were right on the money!

2021 is going to be the biggest year yet for Switch. I dunno if sales will match the Covid+AC frenzy but between new model, finally AAA 3rd party games built from the ground up for Switch hitting, and rumored big first party plans, next year is gonna be insane!

I've been saying for years that Switch would get lots of new third party games (not just ports) and that would also include a few big sellers like Monster Hunter.  What I totally got wrong was how long it would take.  If you'd asked me in 2017 when I thought Rune Factory 5 would be released, I would have said 2019.  Instead it has a 2021 release date.

But in regards to game library, Switch is very much like the NES.  Nintendo did all of the heavy lifting in the early years of the NES, but eventually the third party games started coming and the NES got a ton of great ones including a few big sellers.  That's what we should expect from the Switch.  The year 2021 looks like the beginning of "the flood".  "The flood" is all of the new third party games coming to the Switch.  So far the third party games have mostly been ports.  We are now entering the era where Switch is going to get new third party games.  Some will be exclusives and some will be multiplat, but overall there are going to be a lot more new third party games.  The years 2021, 2022 and 2023 are going to be when the Switch gets it's best third party games, and that might include 2024 and 2025 too.  It's going to be a great time.

RolStoppable said:
yvanjean said:
I hope it's not exclusive to the switch... this game load time will really suck playing on the switch.

You are too used to playing Xbox.

Yeah in my experience Nintendo does pretty good with keeping loading times at a minimum.