By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter Rise announced for Switch, mainline entry

RolStoppable said:
yvanjean said:
I hope it's not exclusive to the switch... this game load time will really suck playing on the switch.

You are too used to playing Xbox.

Well, Xbox one X load time still suck in my opinion .... can't wait for next-gen and better load time.

But, It's Animal crossing load time on the switch that really did it to me. Monster Hunter Rise looks like a very large game that will probably come with its fair share of load time.

Around the Network
yvanjean said:
RolStoppable said:

You are too used to playing Xbox.

Well, Xbox one X load time still suck in my opinion .... can't wait for next-gen and better load time.

But, It's Animal crossing load time on the switch that really did it to me. Monster Hunter Rise looks like a very large game that will probably come with its fair share of load time.

Animal Crossing takes so long to load (in and out of houses, etc) because each island and house is unique and it has to keep track of so many different specific items.  A game like BOTW is massive with its open world and load times aren't a problem there.  MHR will be more similar to that I would think.

impossible people were saying they'd never make a mainline MH on a Nintendo console after the success of world

Nautilus said:
Man, I have been saying this for a while now: It dose't make sense for MH to be exclusive to one or other system. All games should be multiplatforms from now on.

But yeah, its nice to see Capcom finally taking the Switch seriously.Hope that they keep that going with A NEW MEGAMAN X GAME. I NEED IT CAPCOM.

I suspect Capcom doesn't want to make a game for Switch that looks bad on PS and doesn't want to make a game for PS that is hard to port to Switch, so they are just making exclusives for both systems to avoid the complication altogether.

In the end, I think it will lead to better sales. Ports are viewed more negatively by gamers than brand new games, and sell worse. I bet that World, Rise, and Stories 2 sells more collectively than if all three were on both systems. If a game comes out on multiple systems, I'm not as inclined to buy it. But if it comes out exclusively on my system of choice? I'm more more inclined to buy it.

Silly human psychology, but I'm sure it's true for many lol.

yvanjean said:
I hope it's not exclusive to the switch... this game load time will really suck playing on the switch.

If it was a game built for PlayStation, sure. But it was built for Switch, so they probably limited certain innovations in order to increase loading speed. At least I hope.

Around the Network

I wanted to say something nice about Capcom, but that was just before seeing the trailer. It looks like they really did not push a hard work on this game. Looks slightly better than the last WiiU game, and the Switch can really do more than this. I am sure they pushed the effort seriously on the PS4 game but not at all on the Switch.

Dulfite said:
Nautilus said:
Man, I have been saying this for a while now: It dose't make sense for MH to be exclusive to one or other system. All games should be multiplatforms from now on.

But yeah, its nice to see Capcom finally taking the Switch seriously.Hope that they keep that going with A NEW MEGAMAN X GAME. I NEED IT CAPCOM.

I suspect Capcom doesn't want to make a game for Switch that looks bad on PS and doesn't want to make a game for PS that is hard to port to Switch, so they are just making exclusives for both systems to avoid the complication altogether.

In the end, I think it will lead to better sales. Ports are viewed more negatively by gamers than brand new games, and sell worse. I bet that World, Rise, and Stories 2 sells more collectively than if all three were on both systems. If a game comes out on multiple systems, I'm not as inclined to buy it. But if it comes out exclusively on my system of choice? I'm more more inclined to buy it.

Silly human psychology, but I'm sure it's true for many lol.

They've always done the approach of being exclusive between the mainline and portable lines.

Not a game for me but it's nice to see a game that is exclusive and custom for the hardware as it looks good. So much better than trying to cram MHW on Switch.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Amnesia said:
I wanted to say something nice about Capcom, but that was just before seeing the trailer. It looks like they really did not push a hard work on this game. Looks slightly better than the last WiiU game, and the Switch can really do more than this. I am sure they pushed the effort seriously on the PS4 game but not at all on the Switch.

Not really. Monster Hunter World looks a lot better than any previous MH, but if you compare it with any major PS4 game of similar caliber it is very clear that they didn't push much of the PS4 hardware.

Dulfite said:
yvanjean said:

If it was a game built for PlayStation, sure. But it was built for Switch, so they probably limited certain innovations in order to increase loading speed. At least I hope.

So do I, because the game does look really good.