By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter Rise announced for Switch, mainline entry

RolStoppable said:
PAOerfulone said:
The real question is how much will this sell?
In Japan AND Worldwide?

7-8m in Japan and 15m+ worldwide. tbone51 said so, so you better believe it.

If that’s what tbone said, than it’ll actually be 9-10m in Japan and 20m+ worldwide. He’s been off his game lately.

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 17 September 2020

Around the Network

I always knew this was in development. They were simply going to release Iceborne first no matter what.

3 years is probably the minimum it's taking them to develop this game, I’m assuming. Remember the Covid factor.
If not for the pandemic, this would probably have been the Switch’s big December title. (Animal Crossing + Monster Hunter in the same year... Good Lord Have Mercy.)

They most likely took the wait-and-see approach with Switch after how badly the Wii U bombed. Then, once they saw that it was a smash hit (somewhere between Splatoon 2 and Super Mario Odyssey, I’m guessing) they got right to work on this one while they were putting the finishing touches on MH World.

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 17 September 2020

Is the rumor that they are using the RE engine rather than MT Framework true? If that is the case, then it makes sense why it took so long. They were using different tools, and revamping assets to match those tools.

sc94597 said:
Is the rumor that they are using the RE engine rather than MT Framework true? If that is the case, then it makes sense why it took so long. They were using different tools, and revamping assets to match those tools.

It was confirmed to be using RE Engine by a Capcom employee. Dont know where the tweet is though.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
Mnementh said:

I don't think people really understand MonHun gameplay, if they think this is similar. I mean the complex gameplay of the different weapon types. Other games didn't really touch it in my experience.

I mean, I've played almost every Monster Hunter release since the original but okay... if you won't accept that example, how about something like Dauntless? 

Yeah, Dauntless matches, it just lost me with this online oriented stuff. I kinda liked the immersion in the world in MonHun more. But I do actually like the look of Dauntless.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Nautilus said:
Man, I have been saying this for a while now: It dose't make sense for MH to be exclusive to one or other system. All games should be multiplatforms from now on.

But yeah, its nice to see Capcom finally taking the Switch seriously.Hope that they keep that going with A NEW MEGAMAN X GAME. I NEED IT CAPCOM.

Yes I need Megaman X9. I've been waiting half my life for this and my favourite game is X4.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

PAOerfulone said:
The real question is how much will this sell?
In Japan AND Worldwide?

Japan 5-7 million digital included 

Outside Japan, I think about the same. Depends on how hard Nintendo and Capcom promote this one 

*bloop*

Last edited by AngryLittleAlchemist - on 18 September 2020

sc94597 said:

It's true: https://www.thegamer.com/monster-hunter-rise-run-on-resident-evil-engine/