By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter Rise announced for Switch, mainline entry

ps5s in japan on suicide watch

PM sent

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 18 September 2020

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

looks like a huge downgrade from monster hunter world....

Breaking News: Game running on mobile hardware doesn't look as bling as game running on contemporaneous dedicated console.

In other news, 64 million plus Switch owners (and counting) are getting what looks like an awesome continuation of the series portable line, and Capcom and Nintendo are laughing all the way to the bank. 

curl-6 said:
JRPGfan said:

looks like a huge downgrade from monster hunter world....

Breaking News: Game running on mobile hardware doesn't look as bling as game running on contemporaneous dedicated console.

In other news, 64 million plus Switch owners (and counting) are getting what looks like an awesome continuation of the series portable line, and Capcom and Nintendo are laughing all the way to the bank. 

while ps5 is probably crying in japan RN

⚠️ WARNED: Trolling

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 18 September 2020

MasonADC said:
It feels nice to see a big third party game being made FOR the switch, did they mention exclusivity?

Looking at the graphics, looks pretty exclusive to me. 

Link_Nines.XBC said:

Maybe I should give this series a try, though I'm not sure if I should play World first and then this, or just wait until this comes out (honestly this game looks more fun than World :P)

World is one of the free games for the PS5 plus library , so if you are going to get a PS5 in the future,  I would get rise and pickup world with the PS5.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

The series never really looked appealing to me until today. Something different about this one... I think its the cool new ways to explore. 
That's actually not the full truth. I was very interested in MH Stories on 3DS, but could not find one that didn't have inflated prices... 

Anyway, I'll be getting my first 2 MH games next year. Looks freakin' awesome.  

1doesnotsimply

FarleyMcFirefly said:

The series never really looked appealing to me until today. Something different about this one... I think its the cool new ways to explore. 
That's actually not the full truth. I was very interested in MH Stories on 3DS, but could not find one that didn't have inflated prices... 

Anyway, I'll be getting my first 2 MH games next year. Looks freakin' awesome.  

The combat looks faster. Was always turned off by the slow combat.

The combat looks faster. I will very likely pick this up down the road.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

It's funny, if you asked me at the time what was the greatest 3rd party endeavour on Wii I would have said the Monter Hunter game by Capcom.
10 years later things haven't changed.

Although off course 3rd party support has improved a lot on Switch

vivster said:
From the geometry it certainly looks like an exclusive. Would take too much work to upgrade it for other platforms.

It was certainly build around Switch Specs but that doesn't mean it can't come to other platforms. I mean this generations top seller is GTAV which is a last gen port and not exactly a stunner