By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter Rise announced for Switch, mainline entry

Was very surprised by this. I expected a 3DS MH game to be ported. Good to see Capcom taking the Switch more seriously.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
Mnementh said:

Well, the game has no number, so not mainline

Tell me which numbers come before and after "World" on the number line?

3 comes before and reforged after.

Warcraft 1 > Warcraft 2 > Warcraft 3 > World of Warcraft > Warcraft 3 reforged

This will be exclusive to switch. Why would Capcom bring this to PS4/Xbox one when it's a downgrade to monster hunter world.

User was Banned for the following post - cycycychris

Last edited by cycycychris - on 17 September 2020

Signalstar said:
Mnementh said:

Well, the game has no number, so not mainline

I was joking, but VGC lost my smiley...

On a more serious note: the World and Rise games may very well become now two separate Monster Hunter lines in the future.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

MrWayne said:
Signalstar said:

3 comes before and reforged after.

Warcraft 1 > Warcraft 2 > Warcraft 3 > World of Warcraft > Warcraft 3 reforged

Normally I would punish such insolence. But this is quite clever. So I will let you live...for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Well Switch will for sure get its first multi-million selling 3rd party game in Japan.

Two MH games plus the new Disgaea game all exclusive for Switch next year. Seems people who said 3rd party support for Switch would die with the next gen systems were dead wrong (obviously). And those who said 3rd party support would continue to get better and better as it has been each year, and said 3rd parties probably started making new Switch games in like 2018 after seeing Switch success so games should start coming out in 2021 were right on the money!

2021 is going to be the biggest year yet for Switch. I dunno if sales will match the Covid+AC frenzy but between new model, finally AAA 3rd party games built from the ground up for Switch hitting, and rumored big first party plans, next year is gonna be insane!

Bristow9091 said:
Mnementh said:

OK, I couldn't care less. MonHun is a special gameplay, which I haven't seen so far replicated in other games. The graphics shown in the trailer are totally fine, I just hope they didn't dumb down the fighting. What they showed included new mobility options, which are very cool.

Really? I can think of tons of games that copy the Monster Hunter gameplay loop, lol. Even Final Fantasy did it in a spin off on the 3DS (Explorers)

I don't think people really understand MonHun gameplay, if they think this is similar. I mean the complex gameplay of the different weapon types. Other games didn't really touch it in my experience.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Pinkie_pie said:
This will be exclusive to switch. Why would Capcom bring this to PS4/Xbox one when it's a downgrade to monster hunter world.

Downgrade... this game play looks far more fun.

Nintendo with the Switch:

I am definitely getting this.

Maybe I should give this series a try, though I'm not sure if I should play World first and then this, or just wait until this comes out (honestly this game looks more fun than World :P)