By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity announced, taking place100 years before Breath of the Wild (releases November 20th, 2020)

Tagged games:

That's great. Day one for me (or perhaps for christmas). The original on Wii U was great. I Even bought FE Warriors, although the Zelda universe is much more interesting.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:
This will probably go on to be the best-selling Koei Tecmo developed game ever. I think Nioh at 2,9 mil is the current record holder?
Judging by how the trailer has been recieved and BotW being as huge as it is, this should beat those numbers with ease.

If 2.9 million is how much Nioh sold, then I'm pretty sure Three Houses has passed it at this point. It shipped an additional 290k in the January-March quarter which brought its total to 2.87 million. I'm pretty sure it's over 3 million by now.

Either way, I too believe that AoC will break the current record with relative ease.

Well Nioh was at 2,9 mil shipped at the end of 2019 so that could also be over 3 mil by now. But yea I hadn't really thought about Three Houses, I guess that would count as well. In any case it seems approx 3 mil is the number to beat and that should be very doable.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

d21lewis said:
You son of a bitch.

I'm in.

Ditto

UnderwaterFunktown said:
PAOerfulone said:

If 2.9 million is how much Nioh sold, then I'm pretty sure Three Houses has passed it at this point. It shipped an additional 290k in the January-March quarter which brought its total to 2.87 million. I'm pretty sure it's over 3 million by now.

Either way, I too believe that AoC will break the current record with relative ease.

Well Nioh was at 2,9 mil shipped at the end of 2019 so that could also be over 3 mil by now. But yea I hadn't really thought about Three Houses, I guess that would count as well. In any case it seems approx 3 mil is the number to beat and that should be very doable.

By just saying that the story is canon regardles how crappy the game could be, its gona sell incredible no matter what. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

brute said:
S.Peelman said:
I still don’t think this is the holiday title, the Warriors series and this in particular being ‘just’ a spin-off seems too small to dit the bill. I’m thinking there will still be something else.

The release date is a bit before Black Friday. My guess is this is the holiday title. I can only assume that this would have originally released October/Early November and then Mario 3D world end of November but most likely had those plans changed due to COVID.

I don’t think that says much. Smash was december.

Around the Network
bdbdbd said:
That's great. Day one for me (or perhaps for christmas). The original on Wii U was great. I Even bought FE Warriors, although the Zelda universe is much more interesting.

Imo Zelda universe is much better because they have unique abilities and doesnt use similar weapons. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
bdbdbd said:

Imo Zelda universe is much better because they have unique abilities and doesnt use similar weapons. 

I had problems with FE Warriors and Dynasty Warriors, mostly because the armies all look so alike, as they are mostly human armies, maybe with different weapons and the sides are basically differentiated by colors in the uniform or so. Hyrule Warriors is much more distinct, because if I command Goron armies and the enemies are Bokoblins, this looks extremely different and gives you a good feel about the flow of battle. That is why for me personally Hyrule Warriors is the only Musou game that worked for me so far. Seeing it gets a new entry and one that good looking is very good news for me.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I'll probably get this one around the time I get Breath of the Wild 2. I am making the assumption BotW2 is coming out this year, but even if it comes out next year I am still playing Animal Crossing heavily, I also have to finish Xenoblade Chronicles DE, Witcher 3 (I'm fairly far along in this one), and have yet to start Ni No Kuni, Dragon Quest 11, and Tales of Vespiria. Plus, I want to get back into Stardew Valley.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

In a similar way to how Hyrule Warriors 1 added in the conventions of 1998-2011 Zelda, I hope this one finds a way to weave in some of the physics and interactivity elements that helped make BOTW so special.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 09 September 2020

Jpcc86 said:
Never liked Hyrule Warriors, it was a subpar game. But linking it (pun not intended) to BOTW's backstory gets me much more interested.

The original Hyrule Warriors was also basically just Omega Force and Team Ninja being given free reign to build a Warriors game within the Zelda canon.

This game, on the other hand, had Zelda team's direct involvement.

What I suspect this means is that it will likely have much more departure from typical Warriors games to align better with the feel of BotW.

SW-5120-1900-6153