By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity announced, taking place100 years before Breath of the Wild (releases November 20th, 2020)

Tagged games:

Since it ties into Breath of the Wild, I am kind of interested in this one. Not a must-buy, but I'm thinking of it. I only played the Wii U Hyrule Warriors for about an hour at someone's house.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

A new Hyrule Warriors, set during the events of the Great Calamity? Hell effing yes!

I had no power for 8 hours and suddenly Switch has a holiday game?! Well sign me up as soon as it goes up on Amazon

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Interested in this mainly due to the story but I've never played this kind of game (no, I still haven't played the original HW :P), not sure if it's worth it the full price.

Last edited by Link_Nines.XBC - on 08 September 2020

This is a really smart thing to do before BOTW 2.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

I always wanted to give the original Hyrule Warriors a chance, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
I'm almost certainly getting this, but probably not this year since 3D Mario and Cyperpunk come first.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Dont think this is Nintendos only game this holiday since this is done by a 3rd party developer with the help of Nintendo.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Link_Nines.XBC said:

Interested in this mainly due to the story but I've never played this kind of game (no, I still haven't played the original HW :P), not sure if it's worth it the full price.

If there's one thing these Warriors games have, it's content up the wazoo.  The original HW was something you could play for many dozens of hours without touching the main story mode.  The question is whether you would want to keep playing for so long given the nature of the combat.

I was just thinking some months ago about how cool it'd be a Hyrule Warrios sequel and here it is now, I loved the original back in the Wii U and I loved BOTW so this gonna be good.

I know... my English sucks.

Metallox said:
Battling hordes of different enemies, something you don't do in Breath of the Wild, is a little absurd, I feel. There's a memory in BotW where it's shown that Link kicked ass of lots of enemies, and Zelda is healing him, so I guess it's not that out of place.

I don't feel like it is out of place at all, i actually feel like a prequel couldn't have been told properly without the musou or beat em all type of game. It is referred to as the "Calamity War" and Botw was post appocalyptic. Monster camps and remaining villages were placed a distance form each other cause everything else was destroyed. We just explore the remains of the world and the monsters that remain alive after the great battle.

As for people saying they won't play this because it's a musou, i do feel like this will be a lot different. Seems like it will be limited in the playable options and it will be story focused. They seem to really be willing to make this something special not just a random musou game or else the Zelda team wouldn't be working on it as well. But eh, maybe i'm wrong. We will def see gameplay in 2 weeks on the 26th so we don't have to wait very long actually.