By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity announced, taking place100 years before Breath of the Wild (releases November 20th, 2020)

Tagged games:

Looks very cool. Never played Hyrule Warriors, and in this genre have only ever played Dynasty Warriors 3 on PS2, but this is definitely interesting. Might get this down the line on sale.
Well now we have confirmed that BotW2 won't be here until 2021, perhaps as late as next holiday season.

And finally the people who said Nintendo has no holiday games can stop yapping away. And I doubt this will be the major game for the holidays, or possibly instead of having one major game they are just gonna have a solid lineup of numerous games with Mario 3D All-Stars, Mario Kart Live, Pikmin 3 Deluxe, new Hyrule Warriors, and more we don't yet know about.

Around the Network

Oh, Nice. I will likely buy this one.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Battling hordes of different enemies, something you don't do in Breath of the Wild, is a little absurd, I feel. There's a memory in BotW where it's shown that Link kicked ass of lots of enemies, and Zelda is healing him, so I guess it's not that out of place.

Wow
Sonner and better than I expected.

I thougtht HW2 would be released after BOTW2, but would be like HW, a different history, and just the addition of botw characters, enemies, weapons would fill the game with enough content to justify the sequel. And all new and old champions would be playable, as well was the enemies (lynel and some of the ancient robots)

However, age of calamity seems far better than the generic HW with botw guest characters I once thought we would receive.

I still don’t think this is the holiday title, the Warriors series and this in particular being ‘just’ a spin-off seems too small to dit the bill. I’m thinking there will still be something else.

Around the Network

Saw this on my Switch news feed. So this is Nintendo's big holiday title in 2020: A Zelda spinoff.

This is absolutely amazing.

Except for that stupid digital preorder bonus. I'll buy physical and the season pass, and that digital bonus better be a part of that.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Tag. Will discuss a bit after work tonight. as it stands, this is the perfect way and the perfect story to adapt to get me to play a Hyrule Warriors!

I have a few words to say about this.

YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!   YES!  YES! YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!   YES!  YES!   YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!   YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES! YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!   YES!  YES! YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!   YES!  YES!   YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!   YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!   YES!  YES! YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!   YES!  YES!   YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!   YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!   YES!  YES! YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!   YES!  YES!   YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!   YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!   YES!  YES! YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!   YES!  YES!   YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!   YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!   YES!  YES! YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!   YES!  YES!   YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!   YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!

That is all....  

New Zelda Warriors game: Yes!
Prequel to Breath of the Wild: YES!!!

Well, there’s their holiday title. Not Breath of the Wild 2 but close enough, I didn’t think it would be this year anyway.
But that still leaves December. Maybe Pokémon Snap or Bravely Default 2.

Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)

Since it ties into Breath of the Wild, I am kind of interested in this one. Not a must-buy, but I'm thinking of it. I only played the Wii U Hyrule Warriors for about an hour at someone's house.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

PS4: 130 mil (was 100 million) Xbox One: 55 mil (was 50 mil) Switch: 110 million (was 73, then 96 million)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima