By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity announced, taking place100 years before Breath of the Wild (releases November 20th, 2020)

Tagged games:

I'm in I enjoyed hyrule warriors on wii u much more than I thought I would and this looks even better

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
S.Peelman said:
So a prequel to Breath of the Wild, that's cool. Maybe we can finally walk through Castle Town.

However, is this digital only? That would, to say the least, s*ck.

Dont see why it wouldnt be a retail release. Its 60 bucks after all.

Marth said:

It isn't. Just has a preorder bonus on the digital edition but that is only timed.

Signalstar said:

No. What gave you that idea?

Nintendo even state that the digital bonus item would not be immediately available to owners of the packaged game.

Yeah I was confused by the Digital Bonus, and I also only saw an eShop price on the Nintendo site, but on second thought I guess that makes sense, and missed the rest. Thanks.

This looks like a lot of fun!! Damn, I am finally going to buy a game kind of “made” by Nintendo this year. I am happy!!

happy about this but not into warriors games so will skip this :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

The most interesting quote from the video is: "This will be the only game that lets you experience the world 100 years prior". That could mean, that Breath of the Wild 2 is not a prequel, which I have expected.

Around the Network

Aha there's the holiday game! Not actually made by Nintendo, not the BotW game we wanted, but eh. I like Warriors, I like BotW, so seems like a no brainer! Focusing on the calamity is a cool idea, I'm also hoping they'll flesh out the story and characters more than the original game did.

Very hyped for this. I loved Hyrule Warriors but as others said, it felt very fan service focused. This however looks to be a true prequel story wise, and I am stoked for it.

Day 1 for me, if that was ever a question.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Holy shit such great news to wake up to! Loved the original HW and this one looks like it will be even better.

Day one.

I think this will be my first Warriors style game.

YEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!