By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity announced, taking place100 years before Breath of the Wild (releases November 20th, 2020)

Tagged games:

Aha there's the holiday game! Not actually made by Nintendo, not the BotW game we wanted, but eh. I like Warriors, I like BotW, so seems like a no brainer! Focusing on the calamity is a cool idea, I'm also hoping they'll flesh out the story and characters more than the original game did.

Around the Network

Very hyped for this. I loved Hyrule Warriors but as others said, it felt very fan service focused. This however looks to be a true prequel story wise, and I am stoked for it.

Day 1 for me, if that was ever a question.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Holy shit such great news to wake up to! Loved the original HW and this one looks like it will be even better.

Day one.

I think this will be my first Warriors style game.

YEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network
Baddman said:
I'm in I enjoyed hyrule warriors on wii u much more than I thought I would and this looks even better

Same for me, one more game for the wishlist...

Wow this looks impressive, definitely wasn't expecting this!

Mixed feelings.

I really enjoyed Hyrule Warriors, but found FE Warriors to be a bit meh. This has the potential to be better than HW, especially if it has a more focused story as opposed to HW, where the story was just a flimsy excuse to get all of the Zelda characters in one game.

I was just hoping for something a bit better for their holiday title. Nothing wrong with a good Warriors game, but it just doesn't scream holiday title to me. Seems like a lot of stuff got pushed back, and this is probably filling the gap left by something bigger.

Also, this probably means no general direct for the rest of the year. But on the plus side, it shows that Nintendo can still manage to keep some surprises from being spoiled.

MasonADC said:
I always wished the memories in botw were playable, but I guess they kinda are now. I don’t know how to do spoiler tags but it’s going to be sad watching some of the scenes

You have to actually click reply, not use quick reply. Then, on the toolbar there will be an icon that's an eye with a line through it.

I guess this means Bravely Default 2 is December assuming it comes out this year at all.