By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity announced, taking place100 years before Breath of the Wild (releases November 20th, 2020)

Tagged games:

I am kinda scared with this Tecmo Koei collab. Lets hope it is good.

Around the Network

Ima wait till the 26th to preorder this. Just in case theres a random deal breaker

thetonestarr said:
Jpcc86 said:
Never liked Hyrule Warriors, it was a subpar game. But linking it (pun not intended) to BOTW's backstory gets me much more interested.

The original Hyrule Warriors was also basically just Omega Force and Team Ninja being given free reign to build a Warriors game within the Zelda canon.

This game, on the other hand, had Zelda team's direct involvement.

What I suspect this means is that it will likely have much more departure from typical Warriors games to align better with the feel of BotW.

At a gameplay level im betting this will feel 100% like a warriorsh game. Thinking the zelda team only helped w art and storyWe'Ll see tho 

Jumpin said:
I'll probably get this one around the time I get Breath of the Wild 2. I am making the assumption BotW2 is coming out this year, but even if it comes out next year I am still playing Animal Crossing heavily, I also have to finish Xenoblade Chronicles DE, Witcher 3 (I'm fairly far along in this one), and have yet to start Ni No Kuni, Dragon Quest 11, and Tales of Vespiria. Plus, I want to get back into Stardew Valley.

... That is an insane amount of time u just described. Good luck :)

The first Hyrule Warriors was shallow, mindless fun, but sometimes I find it's nice to just unplug my brain and enjoy something simple.

I haven't played it for long enough that I think I'm about ready to jump into another one, and the BOTW backstory is a significant draw for me as it's one of my favourite games of all time.

I'm not expecting greatness, but I do think it'll be an enjoyable way to spend a dozen hours or so, and that's good enough for me.

Around the Network

I just hope this is an improvement on the Warriors gameplay, since it looks like it will be a big improvement in production values.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/368588-koei-tecmo-confirms-hyrule-warriors-age-of-calamity-segment-for

Koei Tecmo's TGS segment on the 26th will show "First live gameplay of Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, as well as all sorts of the latest information such as character introductions by the development team".