By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Mario 3D All-Stars monstrous performance on amazon.com and it's already overtaken TLOU2 2020 total sales.

If mario 64 received a revamped modern visual, I bet the collection would sell less.
People want to recreate low poly experience they had in M64, remembering this was part of mario trajectory in his 35 years.
This selling point is greater than a remake from scratch, IMO.
Their effortless product (under right timing and conditions) has more value than a full remake that would take many man years work.

Around the Network

Nintendo's minimum effort and maximum profit approach along with the moratorium on this game has worked for them. I won't be surprised at all if we get a similar Zelda compilation next year for $60. Maybe Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess all in one. No remade versions of them included though. except perhaps the Master Quest of OOT.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 156 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wonder if we will get a similar thing with Metroid and Zelda next year with their 35 years anniversary... holy hell imagine the possibilities

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Just moved up to #12 with ten days to go before release.

I hope it will have enough stock on Amazon

Around the Network

I read somewhere that stores have been cancelling some preorders because they won't be getting enough stock...

If this is true, man... There is just no defending this. This is stupid and only benefits scalpers.

1doesnotsimply

It's sold out on Amazon, so it'll hang at #12 for now.

I would be shocked if there wasn't another printing sooner rather than later.

jonathanalis said:
If mario 64 received a revamped modern visual, I bet the collection would sell less.
People want to recreate low poly experience they had in M64, remembering this was part of mario trajectory in his 35 years.
This selling point is greater than a remake from scratch, IMO.
Their effortless product (under right timing and conditions) has more value than a full remake that would take many man years work.

I'll have to see what it looks when I get it next Friday...but I'm not sure how much extra work was put into Rare Replay, but those N64 and Xbox games look awesome in hd

FarleyMcFirefly said:
I read somewhere that stores have been cancelling some preorders because they won't be getting enough stock...

If this is true, man... There is just no defending this. This is stupid and only benefits scalpers.

So far, the only store I know that ended up canceling preorders due to this is GAME. Still disappointing, though.

Also hope they'll get more physical copies during this limited run. 

Marth said:
3D All-Stars International 2020 position:

Canada: Not in top 100
UK: #18 (behind MK8Deluxe, above Pokemon Sword)
France: #33 (behind BotW, above Paper Mario)
Germany: #10 (behind MK8D, above Luigis Mansion)

Here in Netherlands/Belgium most places did not even do preorders for it.