By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Mario 3D All-Stars monstrous performance on amazon.com and it's already overtaken TLOU2 2020 total sales.

Stellar_Fungk said:
Pinkie_pie said:
I've got 7 preordered. Hopefully I can make a small fortune in a few years time. One of my friends preordered 5 copies too

To hell with you and your friend. 

Goddamn opportunists. No honor in people nowadays.

Nintendo pretty much encouraged this with their timed release. All they have to do is say, "Mario 3D All-Stars will now be available for years to come", then no one would be doing this for at least a few years until it's out of print. Nintendo is literally encouraging scalpers. 

Around the Network

If I had a Switch I would buy it, for sure.

It will probably become a rare item in a couple of years.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
If I had a Switch I would buy it, for sure.

It will probably become a rare item in a couple of years.

Could be.

But good i can keep myself from buying everything that can become rare, would have run out of money for a while.

Yup this is going to be huge this holiday no doubt. This will drive the Switch until 2021 for sure. I do expect 2021 to be pretty crazy, like the best year for the Switch crazy. We already have 3D World + Bowser's fury in february.

CaptainExplosion said:
But how many is that in millions of units?

.0002 x 100,000

Around the Network
xMetroid said:
Yup this is going to be huge this holiday no doubt. This will drive the Switch until 2021 for sure. I do expect 2021 to be pretty crazy, like the best year for the Switch crazy. We already have 3D World + Bowser's fury in february.

2021:

Mario 3D World

Metroid Prime 4

2D Mario

Zelda Collection

BotW2

Switch Sports

a new Ring Fit game

...a guy can dream!

xMetroid said:

Yeah I think even without any games in November/December they'll be just fine, but surely there will still be one, otherwise they could have put either this or Pikmin 3 in that timeframe. 

It’s not surprise and expected.

Scalpers are doing their job with this one.

Interesting thing is that TLOU part II is now a huge success but before it was a flop....

PM sent

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 08 September 2020

Dulfite said:

I have a sneaky feeling that Galaxy 2 could get an actual HD remake like WWHD. Possibly could be there big holiday game. Why leave it out of the collection when literally every other 3D game is releasing or already on Switch unless you have a plan? Nintendo is always thinking through the future and they know the demand for Galaxy 2 is insane (more than Galaxy imo). I'm calling it now, Galaxy 2 HD this Christmas, and a proper upgrade like WW got, not just some enhanced details. With completely reworked controls, added world's, added online play, made in the Odyssey engine.

Imagine the sales on that!

Nintendo maybe is planning for a 40th anniversary Mario All Stars that includes Galaxy 2, 3D World, and Odyssey for Switch 2 come 2025 or it could be Switch' swan song. Odyssey of course will have finished its marathon race on Switch (with 25 million copies sold or even higher) that year so it will be a practical decision for Nintendo to bundle it with 3D World and Galaxy 2 to continue enticing customers/collectors for the same 6 month limited period in the market.

kazuyamishima said:
It’s not surprise and expected.

Scalpers are doing their job with this one.

Interesting thing is that TLOU part II is now a huge success but before it was a flop....

It's a success, by Sony standards. Great, excellent games but no( yet) on the same level as Nintendo. Some Nintendo games have the major potential in one Console.

This not today, but built decades ago.