By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Mario 3D All-Stars monstrous performance on amazon.com and it's already overtaken TLOU2 2020 total sales.

Soren0079 said:
FOMO: Fear of Missing Out.
= $$$$$

But Nintendo should also fear people missing out on giving them free easy money. This tactic would make some sense if it was a more niche product, but it's Mario. There's no real way to prove it, but I feel it's success has everything to do with Mario and little to nothing to do with fomo. As for why Nintendo would do this tactic then, I'd hope it's because these games will eventually be added to the Switch's virtual console equivalent.

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Soren0079 said:
FOMO: Fear of Missing Out.
= $$$$$

But Nintendo should also fear people missing out on giving them free easy money. This tactic would make some sense if it was a more niche product, but it's Mario. There's no real way to prove it, but I feel it's success has everything to do with Mario and little to nothing to do with fomo. As for why Nintendo would do this tactic then, I'd hope it's because these games will eventually be added to the Switch's virtual console equivalent.

Or they possibly doing a transition with another 35th Anniversary starting in April with the same kind of event ? Zelda maybe ?

abronn627 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Or they possibly doing a transition with another 35th Anniversary starting in April with the same kind of event ? Zelda maybe ?

Eh that's still no reason to stop selling the game. Shouldn't need to explain that games can co-exist and are better off for it. Frankly even my hope is flawed, they could still just sell the game alongside the NSO counterparts. This limit is purely arbitrary.

I've got 7 preordered. Hopefully I can make a small fortune in a few years time. One of my friends preordered 5 copies too

Pinkie_pie said:
I've got 7 preordered. Hopefully I can make a small fortune in a few years time. One of my friends preordered 5 copies too

To hell with you and your friend. 

Goddamn opportunists. No honor in people nowadays.

Last edited by Stellar_Fungk - on 07 September 2020

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Around the Network

Yeah. I was able to find a physical copy to preorder. I bought this afternoon and a couple hours later is was sold out .

Go mario .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Grrrrr i have one pre-ordered through Best Buy, but I'm wondering if I should secure a 2nd copy through a different retailer in case of fuckery.

Stellar_Fungk said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Relax, the game will also be available digitally so anyone who really wants it can always get it.

Stellar_Fungk said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Since it is a pre-order and Nintendo will likely be printing more copies as needed until the cut-off, scalpers in this case might actually be a good thing, as they are forcing Nintendo to print more copies driving up the supply. A smarter scalper would wait until around the cut off point to buy up stock so they don't force additional printings. 

Stellar_Fungk said:
Pinkie_pie said:

You're focussing frustration in the wrong direction,who is provoking this opportunism in the first place?

And secondly i do not blame him, people that are already very wealthy do not bother with these kind of investments.