By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Mario 3D All-Stars monstrous performance on amazon.com and it's already overtaken TLOU2 2020 total sales.

Dulfite said:
So I know you can't physically buy or digitally buy the games after March (or I suspect you will but in some other form), but can someone please clarify if I'll still be able to play or download (if I were to uninstall and want to reinstall later) my digital copy after March?

Yes Nintendo has said that you can redownload the game from the eshop even after march 31st. 

Around the Network

FOMO: Fear of Missing Out.
= $$$$$

scottslater said:

All I see is a bunch of butt hurt Sony fans in this thread. Just want to point out that Mario Kart has passed TLOU2 in yearly sales on Amazon as well and I wouldn't be surprised if BotW outsold it as well on Amazon...

On topic, I preordered as well. I don't want them "remastering" or messing with the overall gameplay, I want to enjoy some of the best games of all time in their most original form possible. I'm really looking forward to playing these games, SM64 for the first time in a LONG time, Sunshine and Galaxy for the first time ever.

I dropped Nintendo after the 64 era for the Sony systems then dropped Sony for Microsoft for the online play. After playing the same damn games over and over every year on PlayStation/Xbox consoles it was a breath of fresh air on the Switch. Sony/Microsoft/AAA in general lack creativity with their games.

You are pathetic.

PM sent

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 06 September 2020

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

MasonADC said:
Dulfite said:
So I know you can't physically buy or digitally buy the games after March (or I suspect you will but in some other form), but can someone please clarify if I'll still be able to play or download (if I were to uninstall and want to reinstall later) my digital copy after March?

Yes Nintendo has said that you can redownload the game from the eshop even after march 31st. 

Thank you!

Signalstar said:
scottslater said:

All I see is a bunch of butt hurt Sony fans in this thread. Just want to point out that Mario Kart has passed TLOU2 in yearly sales on Amazon as well and I wouldn't be surprised if BotW outsold it as well on Amazon...

On topic, I preordered as well. I don't want them "remastering" or messing with the overall gameplay, I want to enjoy some of the best games of all time in their most original form possible. I'm really looking forward to playing these games, SM64 for the first time in a LONG time, Sunshine and Galaxy for the first time ever.

I dropped Nintendo after the 64 era for the Sony systems then dropped Sony for Microsoft for the online play. After playing the same damn games over and over every year on PlayStation/Xbox consoles it was a breath of fresh air on the Switch. Sony/Microsoft/AAA in general lack creativity with their games.

You are pathetic.

Are you Sony fan?

❌ BANNED (3 Days): Flaming (irrelevant to the content of the post + history of similar behavior) 

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 07 September 2020

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:
Signalstar said:

You are pathetic.

Are you Sony fan?

I guess you can say I am a fan of their consoles as I have owned every PlayStation platform.

I've also owned every major Nintendo platform as well except the Wii U. In fact I am on the people who pre-ordered Super Mario 3D All Stars through Amazon, contributing to its success. I haven't bought or played TLOU Part II yet.

Anyway it does not matter what company or console someone is a "fan" of. Any reasonable poster would be embarrassed by a juvenile and baiting post such as this. Calling such posters out will hopefully lead to a more civil forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Signalstar said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Are you Sony fan?

I guess you can say I am a fan of their consoles as I have owned every PlayStation platform.

I've also owned every major Nintendo platform as well except the Wii U. In fact I am on the people who pre-ordered Super Mario 3D All Stars through Amazon, contributing to its success. I haven't bought or played TLOU Part II yet.

Anyway it does not matter what company or console someone is a "fan" of. Any reasonable poster would be embarrassed by a juvenile and baiting post such as this. Calling such posters out will hopefully lead to a more civil forum.

Or you could have called out the user who started this shit in this thread. And inactivity from the modteam towards that first setup fosters replies like this, instead of nipping it in the bud

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I'm not entirely happy about this collection - the $60 price, the lack of Galaxy 2, lack of extra content (minus a soundtrack), and no widescreen for Mario 64. But hell, what am I going to do - NOT pick up a limited (physical) release of an HD compilation of 3 great Mario platformers? Especially being the huge Mario fan I am? I hate to reward laziness but in this case Nintendo gets a pass. The perks of crafting 3 of the greatest 3D platformers of all-time (well, at least 2 of them, not so sure about Sunshine, but I do look forward to revisiting it after roughly 18 years).

Nintendo knows they've got people by the balls XD, and games like these are just TOO good and too nostalgic for many gamers. Like me - I sit here and complain but I ultimately still am going to pick it up, so what do they care? But again - part of the reason is b/c these games are of SUCH high quality (64 and to a lesser extent Galaxy at least). This is NOT something I would often do. For instance, even WITH the extra content, I'll most likely be passing on Mario 3D World + Bowsers Fury as that game just isn't on the same level of quality to me. Passed on NSMB U Deluxe - and this is coming from a guy who prefers 2D Mario.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

DarthMetalliCube said:

I'm not entirely happy about this collection - the $60 price, the lack of Galaxy 2, lack of extra content (minus a soundtrack), and no widescreen for Mario 64. But hell, what am I going to do - NOT pick up a limited (physical) release of an HD compilation of 3 great Mario platformers? Especially being the huge Mario fan I am? I hate to reward laziness but in this case Nintendo gets a pass. The perks of crafting 3 of the greatest 3D platformers of all-time (well, at least 2 of them, not so sure about Sunshine, but I do look forward to revisiting it after roughly 18 years).

Nintendo knows they've got people by the balls XD, and games like these are just TOO good and too nostalgic for many gamers. Like me - I sit here and complain but I ultimately still am going to pick it up, so what do they care? But again - part of the reason is b/c these games are of SUCH high quality (64 and to a lesser extent Galaxy at least). This is NOT something I would often do. For instance, even WITH the extra content, I'll most likely be passing on Mario 3D World + Bowsers Fury as that game just isn't on the same level of quality to me. Passed on NSMB U Deluxe - and this is coming from a guy who prefers 2D Mario.

Yeah this is pretty much it. With the exception that I actually probably will end up with 3D World as well (didn’t preorder that, only 3DAllStars and the G&W) at some point.

At the end of the day I don’t really care simply because I’d rather play Mario 64, then not play Mario 64, because it’s one of the greatest games ever made. To keep with the theme of this thread; if I had the choice, and I have the choice, to buy state of the art Last of Us 2 or unchanged Mario 64 that I played through already, I still pick Mario 64 any day. That’s how good it is. And this collection also comes with almost equally good Galaxy and Sunshine, which I thought was less so back then but I’m willing to give it another chance after all these years. And yes, Nintendo definitely knows this and I’m knowingly letting them exploit me. And this is ‘only’ Mario, I can only image what they can get away with with me personally if this was about Zelda.

The fact that this is a limited time release is putting me off. I can't help but to think that nintendo are not confident in the collection.
I will wait a couple of months before I buy this to see what is said about the games running on switch.
Both Sunshine and Galaxy have controls that is difficult to match on the switch. The control of Fludd in Sunshine and the motion control in Galaxy.

I buy most games on the switch digital anyway, so I will probaly not care that much if the physical release is outsold when and if I will buy this collection.

Last edited by Pajderman - on 07 September 2020