Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Mario 3D All-Stars monstrous performance on amazon.com and it's already overtaken TLOU2 2020 total sales.

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Around the Network
BlackBeauty said:

There’s a whole cult of speed runners for Mario 64. Could you imagine what would happen if Nintendo decides to “improve” the gameplay???

Treat them as differerent versions of the game with separate high scores?

They already separate speedruns on the N64-console from VC-speedruns, EMU-speedruns, SM64DS-speedruns...

Immersiveunreality said:
BlackBeauty said:

Glad you agree. There’s a whole cult of speed runners for Mario 64. Could you imagine what would happen if Nintendo decides to “improve” the gameplay???

There’s no cult no huge fandom attach to Crash or Spyro. I mean there IS to a certain extent but it’s really not even close to the same level as the fandom of 3D Mario games.

That’s like asking Nintendo to change gameplay for Smash Bro’s Melee LOL.

Well would not be so bad to make the gameplay a tiny bit more like modern Mario games,and since when would speedrunners dictate Nintendo's decisions or even dictate wise marketing decisions?

Mario 64 and Sunshine with an Odyssy look and evenly smooth gameplay would be nice imo.

JWeinCom said:
BlackBeauty said:

Glad you agree. There’s a whole cult of speed runners for Mario 64. Could you imagine what would happen if Nintendo decides to “improve” the gameplay???

There’s no cult no huge fandom attach to Crash or Spyro. I mean there IS to a certain extent but it’s really not even close to the same level as the fandom of 3D Mario games.

That’s like asking Nintendo to change gameplay for Smash Bro’s Melee LOL.

Eh... what would happen is that those players would continue to play whatever version of the game they've been playing. Nintendo has made multiple versions of virtually every 2D Mario game, and there already is another version of Super Mario 64 out there with significantly different gameplay. Dunno why another version would be a problem.

IcaroRibeiro said:

Maybe it's time to tell SM64 cultists there is a far different version of the game for Nintendo DS. An almost 16 years old version by the way

Can't believe developers made such a crime. SM64 cult needs to riot and set fire on Nintendo headquarters

Mario 64 DS is a forgotten and inferior version of the original Mario 64. Yeah that sure turned out great. That wasn’t a “remaster”. It was literally a different game.

This collection is more or less a celebration of Mario history. Why would you “update” anything aside from graphics and resolution to an already practically “perfect” game to literally millions of people. This isn’t a remake anyways. It’s more or less updated ports.

Nintendo already did a remake. Link’s Awakening in 2019. It’s not like they haven’t done remakes.

Last edited by BlackBeauty - on 06 September 2020

KLXVER said:
brute said:
People saying Ninty get away with these types of stuff while other companies cannot... Maybe when the others have as iconic games as Ninty then they will do the same thing, especially Mario 64/Galaxy type level iconic.

In the meantime, just pre-ordered!

Im sure a Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9 collection in HD would bomb and everyone would hate on it, right? 

Probably not though.

Conina said:
OTBWY said:

Sorry but, the high res modern Mario model seems very out of place in that world. It's some kind of freakzoid hybrid. They best rework everything.. however in such a case imo it loses the look or soul of SM64.

Of course you can keep the old mario model and just replace textures.

I like this (12 year old) texture pack:

Comparison: an official screenshot of the new Mario 3D collection:

I’m sorry but those textures are ugly as sin. I’d rather look at the original. Look at the weird edgeless dirt, the flat tiles, the out-of-place sky and the silly looking Whomp. These things somehow actually have less detail than they originally did. High res doesn’t equal better.

I’m not saying Nintendo shouldn’t do anything with this game, in fact I stated earlier that I wished Nintendo would actually remake some things some times, but saying free emulators and texture packs some guy whipped up in an afternoon look better is just silly.

No.14 in overall seller of 2020.

Around the Network
Conina said:
OTBWY said:

Sorry but, the high res modern Mario model seems very out of place in that world. It's some kind of freakzoid hybrid. They best rework everything.. however in such a case imo it loses the look or soul of SM64.

Of course you can keep the old mario model and just replace textures.

I like this (12 year old) texture pack:

Comparison: an official screenshot of the new Mario 3D collection:

Wow those textures are mind blowingly bad. 

DonFerrari said:
Mnementh said:

You point to some posts in this thread and speak about the Nintendo-fanbase on this site, although the fanbase on this site include me and I am critical of this move. Again: applying actions of single persons to a whole group is a bad practice, as a group is made of individuals, who all think and act differently. If you want to criticize posts of certain people, then directly name then and criticize their posts, not applying their actions to the whole Nintendo-fanbase on this site.

So please stop criticizing the whole fanbase, call out the people and posts that are going wrong. But often enough claims of hypocrisis are actually conflating criticism of user A against company X with praise of user B for company Y, by claiming both users are the same (the magic whatever fanbase) and therefore what user A does is also what user B thinks. So in this example: find the users that praise this collection and criticized similar collections of other companies and call them out.

And yes, other companies get away with shit on this site plenty.

Snore fest... stop pretending that when anyone talks about a fanbase that must mean every single member of the fanbase.

I have criticized and discussed their posts directly as well.

And was multiple people, and read my posts and you'll see it pointed. Like in the thread about the announcement asking if people would buy it was like 2/3 of the pool on buying, so yes when a majority portrays it as ok them it is ok to consider that as "generalization".

You claim this: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9209227

Yet as I pointed out the move was criticized and in other instances the move that was criticized is also fully embraced by fans. For instance  Naughty Dog is known for exploiting it's workers with overtime and bad working conditions, yet still TLOU2 was still embraced by the community on this site. So exactly the thing you pointed to here. So yes, I stand by my point, that the Nintendo fanbase here is not different to other fanbases on this site, the thing you claimed.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

Veknoid_Outcast said:
DonFerrari said:
Just goes to show practices that are criticized to death on other companies are fully embraced when Nintendo does it.

It's really more that forum members/hardcore enthusiasts criticize certain business practices and the majority of consumers don't give a shit and buy things they like/want -- manufacturer or publisher notwithstanding.

Well a lot of scalpers tho..

Im stupid and uneducated. Is being on 17th at amazon such a big deal? Wouldnt it be impressive if it was at like top 5? Legit question.

EnricoPallazzo said:
Im stupid and uneducated. Is being on 17th at amazon such a big deal? Wouldnt it be impressive if it was at like top 5? Legit question.

all year sales and not hour sales.