By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Mario 3D All-Stars monstrous performance on amazon.com and it's already overtaken TLOU2 2020 total sales.

Conina said:
OTBWY said:

Sorry but, the high res modern Mario model seems very out of place in that world. It's some kind of freakzoid hybrid. They best rework everything.. however in such a case imo it loses the look or soul of SM64.

Of course you can keep the old mario model and just replace textures.

I like this (12 year old) texture pack:

Comparison: an official screenshot of the new Mario 3D collection:

Wow those textures are mind blowingly bad. 

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Mnementh said:

You point to some posts in this thread and speak about the Nintendo-fanbase on this site, although the fanbase on this site include me and I am critical of this move. Again: applying actions of single persons to a whole group is a bad practice, as a group is made of individuals, who all think and act differently. If you want to criticize posts of certain people, then directly name then and criticize their posts, not applying their actions to the whole Nintendo-fanbase on this site.

So please stop criticizing the whole fanbase, call out the people and posts that are going wrong. But often enough claims of hypocrisis are actually conflating criticism of user A against company X with praise of user B for company Y, by claiming both users are the same (the magic whatever fanbase) and therefore what user A does is also what user B thinks. So in this example: find the users that praise this collection and criticized similar collections of other companies and call them out.

And yes, other companies get away with shit on this site plenty.

Snore fest... stop pretending that when anyone talks about a fanbase that must mean every single member of the fanbase.

I have criticized and discussed their posts directly as well.

And was multiple people, and read my posts and you'll see it pointed. Like in the thread about the announcement asking if people would buy it was like 2/3 of the pool on buying, so yes when a majority portrays it as ok them it is ok to consider that as "generalization".

You claim this: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9209227

Yet as I pointed out the move was criticized and in other instances the move that was criticized is also fully embraced by fans. For instance  Naughty Dog is known for exploiting it's workers with overtime and bad working conditions, yet still TLOU2 was still embraced by the community on this site. So exactly the thing you pointed to here. So yes, I stand by my point, that the Nintendo fanbase here is not different to other fanbases on this site, the thing you claimed.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Veknoid_Outcast said:
DonFerrari said:
Just goes to show practices that are criticized to death on other companies are fully embraced when Nintendo does it.

It's really more that forum members/hardcore enthusiasts criticize certain business practices and the majority of consumers don't give a shit and buy things they like/want -- manufacturer or publisher notwithstanding.

Well a lot of scalpers tho..

Im stupid and uneducated. Is being on 17th at amazon such a big deal? Wouldnt it be impressive if it was at like top 5? Legit question.

EnricoPallazzo said:
Im stupid and uneducated. Is being on 17th at amazon such a big deal? Wouldnt it be impressive if it was at like top 5? Legit question.

all year sales and not hour sales. 

Around the Network
Agente42 said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

all year sales and not hour sales. 

ohhhhhh wow so in just a few days it is already 17th overall and ahead of tlou2? wow now I get it. Many thanks. I thought it was just the month best sellers.

Where to pre-order for those outside of US and UK?

toru_bozu said:
Where to pre-order for those outside of US and UK?

Hours sales.

1) Germany

2) Japan

3) France

All I see is a bunch of butt hurt Sony fans in this thread. Just want to point out that Mario Kart has passed TLOU2 in yearly sales on Amazon as well and I wouldn't be surprised if BotW outsold it as well on Amazon...

On topic, I preordered as well. I don't want them "remastering" or messing with the overall gameplay, I want to enjoy some of the best games of all time in their most original form possible. I'm really looking forward to playing these games, SM64 for the first time in a LONG time, Sunshine and Galaxy for the first time ever.

I dropped Nintendo after the 64 era for the Sony systems then dropped Sony for Microsoft for the online play. After playing the same damn games over and over every year on PlayStation/Xbox consoles it was a breath of fresh air on the Switch. Sony/Microsoft/AAA in general lack creativity with their games.

PM sent

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 06 September 2020

Nintendo with the Switch:

scottslater said:

All I see is a bunch of butt hurt Sony fans in this thread. Just want to point out that Mario Kart has passed TLOU2 in yearly sales on Amazon as well and I wouldn't be surprised if BotW outsold it as well on Amazon...

On topic, I preordered as well. I don't want them "remastering" or messing with the overall gameplay, I want to enjoy some of the best games of all time in their most original form possible. I'm really looking forward to playing these games, SM64 for the first time in a LONG time, Sunshine and Galaxy for the first time ever.

I dropped Nintendo after the 64 era for the Sony systems then dropped Sony for Microsoft for the online play. After playing the same damn games over and over every year on PlayStation/Xbox consoles it was a breath of fresh air on the Switch. Sony/Microsoft/AAA in general lack creativity with their games.

Absolutely great games , you will most likely enjoy them.

I do not agree with the second bolded at all but it is possible a matter of what genres we personally enjoy.