By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Mario 3D All-Stars monstrous performance on amazon.com and it's already overtaken TLOU2 2020 total sales.

Immersiveunreality said:
Marth said:
3D All-Stars International 2020 position:

Canada: Not in top 100
UK: #18 (behind MK8Deluxe, above Pokemon Sword)
France: #33 (behind BotW, above Paper Mario)
Germany: #10 (behind MK8D, above Luigis Mansion)

Here in Netherlands/Belgium most places did not even do preorders for it.

Both Gamemania and Nedgame at least did in The Netherlands, but those were sold out in mere hours. Same for the Game & Watch. I still managed to get one of both though. Not sure if there’s other stores in Belgium, but there aren’t many other places here than those two chains where you can buy games anyway. Toy stores, but I think those don’t do preorders. It seems you can reserve a copy for pickup at Intertoys though. Bol.com (Dutch Amazon-style webstore) didn’t open preorders either, which is strange because they do have preorders open for 3D World. Mediamarkt did and is sold out.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 13 September 2020

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Here in Netherlands/Belgium most places did not even do preorders for it.

Both Gamemania and Nedgame at least did in The Netherlands, but those were sold out in mere hours. Same for the Game & Watch. I still managed to get one of both though. Not sure if there’s other stores in Belgium, but there aren’t many other places here than those two chains where you can buy games anyway. Toy stores, but I think those don’t do preorders. Bol.com (Dutch Amazon-style webstore) didn’t open preorders either, at least not right away, which is strange.

Oh so i was already too late when i looked on gamemania,mediamarkt had them but not long too.

I never saw it up on bol.com like you said indeed and that is mighty strange, you would expect most preorders there.

I think the frontloaded shipping for our countries is miniscule.

Immersiveunreality said:
S.Peelman said:

Both Gamemania and Nedgame at least did in The Netherlands, but those were sold out in mere hours. Same for the Game & Watch. I still managed to get one of both though. Not sure if there’s other stores in Belgium, but there aren’t many other places here than those two chains where you can buy games anyway. Toy stores, but I think those don’t do preorders. Bol.com (Dutch Amazon-style webstore) didn’t open preorders either, at least not right away, which is strange.

Oh so i was already too late when i looked on gamemania,mediamarkt had them but not long too.

I never saw it up on bol.com like you said indeed and that is mighty strange, you would expect most preorders there.

That it probably is, miniscule. Hopefully there’s more shipments.

(I edited my post after checking Intertoys just now, you can ‘reserve’ there, for pickup (so I doubt it’s an actual preorder but I’m not sure), if you’re interested)

S.Peelman said:
Immersiveunreality said:

That it probably is, miniscule. Hopefully there’s more shipments.

(I edited my post after checking Intertoys just now, you can ‘reserve’ there, for pickup (so I doubt it’s an actual preorder but I’m not sure), if you’re interested)

Thanks for the notice.

Yeah my sister reserved a switch a while ago with Intertoys, they basically put you on a waiting list for when the next order/batch of the product is going to arrive but like you said it aint a preorder and the date of when it's your turn is mostly unclear.

If you count in that Nintendogames sales often slow down very steadily then the sales will get crazy and they might reconsider their decision of limited time availability.

Apparently Amazon and Target in the US are out of initial shipments already. UK companies are actually cancelling preorders because they are getting way less than expected, and apparently they don't even know when more shipments might be coming.

Sounds like not only did Nintendo botched the game itself with no Galaxy 2, they of course botched the release by making it a 6 month run, and now apparently they've even botched the limited run by woefully under producing physical copies for launch. I feel like this is gonna be another Nintendo Classic disaster where they are doing a limited time run and don't even bother to take demand (of physical copies) seriously so ebay resellers are gonna be rampant.

Nintendo should have like 6 million ready for launch, another 1 million shipped later in Sept, another 1 million in October, another 2 million in Nov and Dec each, and another 1 million in Jan and Feb each. That'd be 14 million, that seems appropriate given that there will be a few million in digital sales as well. I'm guessing they produced way under this launch number. It would be vastly better for them to have a million copies left on store shelves that sell in March and April than underproduce the game like they seem to end up doing time and time again.

Around the Network

I just got an email from Amazon telling me that my order won't be shipped until February, so I called them and they said that this email was an error and it will ship on the release date. I certainly hope that they weren't lying to me, or else I will be more than a little pissed off...

Nintendo must be pretty pleased, small investment and most likely big profits.

Literally pre ordered a physical copy, and am also getting a digital. Most anticipated switch game for me after Odyssey came out.

mM

For those following along, Amazon has more stock already.

And my copy has shipped and should be here by tomorrow, so luckily my nightmare was averted.

sundin13 said:
For those following along, Amazon has more stock already.

Yeah, and even with a slight price reduction (€55.99 instead of €59.99 at Amazon.de)