By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does PS5 have a good chance to win the launch season?

Will PS5 sell a lot more than the rival this Christmas?

Yes 95 71.97%

Not sure yet 18 13.64%

No 19 14.39%

Total:132
d21lewis said:

C'mon, man. Xbox is coming off of the XBO, isn't as big worldwide, and pretty much has no games that can't be played on an XBO or PC. Sony would have to literally put a human turd in every 10th Console box.

Why even ask that question?

What if it's an alien turd  do they shout collectors item.

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
d21lewis said:

C'mon, man. Xbox is coming off of the XBO, isn't as big worldwide, and pretty much has no games that can't be played on an XBO or PC. Sony would have to literally put a human turd in every 10th Console box.

Why even ask that question?

What if it's an alien turd  do they shout collectors item.

😲

GENIUS!!

Twitter: @d21lewis

I don't think that was ever in doubt even before Halo: Infinite's delay.

Signature goes here!

I had no Idea Switch was LAUNCHING this Holiday, the more you know.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

There was never any doubt. I belive there is a solid hardcore number that if supply was unlimited the same number of hardcore fans would have bought the console. before the halo delay i would have said if supply was no issue the ps5 could sell 10-15m before the january, the xbox

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
Wman1996 said:
PS5 was pretty much poised to win the launch window anyway, barring too high of a price. This will cement that dominance even further. The only way I think that Xbox has a good chance is if the Xbox Series X is $400 and the PS5 Standard Edition is $600. So it would basically be Gen 7 price differences at launch all over again.

I think the Standard Edition will be priced at $600, but it won't make a difference. PS5 is still going to dominate. Also, I think most people are going to go for the cheaper, discless PS5. I expect the discless version to be $500.

ThatDreamcastTho said:
Wman1996 said:
PS5 was pretty much poised to win the launch window anyway, barring too high of a price. This will cement that dominance even further. The only way I think that Xbox has a good chance is if the Xbox Series X is $400 and the PS5 Standard Edition is $600. So it would basically be Gen 7 price differences at launch all over again.

I think the Standard Edition will be priced at $600, but it won't make a difference. PS5 is still going to dominate. Also, I think most people are going to go for the cheaper, discless PS5. I expect the discless version to be $500.

Discless for 500 and Disc version for 600 would really open Playstation to Xbox win. Lockhart 300 and Series X at 500 would possibly do a very strong competition.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
ThatDreamcastTho said:

Discless for 500 and Disc version for 600 would really open Playstation to Xbox win. Lockhart 300 and Series X at 500 would possibly do a very strong competition.

The Series X is going to get killed at the same price point as a discless PS5. I could see being competitive with the Lockhart at $300 or even $400 as people would rather have a next gen system than a PS4 at that price. But at the same price point? Xbox has no chance.

ThatDreamcastTho said:
DonFerrari said:

The Series X is going to get killed at the same price point as a discless PS5. I could see being competitive with the Lockhart at $300 or even $400 as people would rather have a next gen system than a PS4 at that price. But at the same price point? Xbox has no chance.

Series X being stronger than PS5 and having a disc would be a very strong match and better proposition for anyone that isn`t a fan of Sony first party titles, and Lockhart being a full 200 cheaper and still offering next gen game (with PS4 at the same price). Would be a big mistake from Sony, and I believe after PS3 they saw that they are strong, but aren`t alone in the market.

The PS5 was going to win regardless....

Hot take aside... Price is key.

$299 XSS
$399 PS5 DE
$499 PS5/XSX

And this gen is over before it even began.

$299 XSS
$399 XSX/PS5 DE
$499 PS5

And Sony is in trouble. But this is impossible. Well...more like highly unlikely.

The thing about the XSS, is that it validates the value of a $100 more expensive PS5. I mean, with $100 more you get a console that is about 2.5xmore powerful. And then it discredits the XSX/PS5 disc version compared to that $399 digital PS5. "why should you spend $100 more for a disc drive or 1.17x more power?"

But if the XSS is $199? Then now that's a totally different matter.