Forums - Sony Discussion - Does PS5 have a good chance to win the launch season?

Will PS5 sell a lot more than the rival this Christmas?

Yes 93 73.23%

Not sure yet 16 12.60%

No 18 14.17%

Total:127

The delay for Halo infinite was the final nail in the coffin for any chances for Microsoft compete this holiday with Series S/X.

Even with the cheaper Series S, the mind-share isn't really there for Xbox WW. Especially since its missing a big launch title. MS might do better in the US, but elsewhere its going to be a slaughter house.

Around the Network

Very likely.

Neither have launch titles that are interesting so no rush for me.

do we have a full list of titles for both consoles ?

Switch is probably going to sell more, given the estabilished library and price, so no.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

To put it bluntly, XS at its current state is almost a nonfactor unless Series S undercuts PS5DE by over $100 and Series X undercuts PS5 by $50, then it might manage to beat it globally in the US with the help of supply constraints.

I don't think Sony has revealed their entire launch/launch-window lineup. They still have some well kept secrets according to trusted sources. Not like they need those but it's something to keep in mind.

It was always likely to outsell Xbox by at least a bit. Now with Halo delayed it definitely will. I don't think that will hurt Xbox's launch sales as much as some do, though. Core fans will likely sell out both consoles at launch regardless of what software is immediately available. The more telling metric will be the window after the holidays but before Halo releases. That's when I think Microsoft will feel the sting of their ill prepared software launch. How long it lasts will depend on how long it takes for their showcased titles to deliver.

Nautilus said:
Switch is probably going to sell more, given the estabilished library and price, so no.

What does Switch have to do with the launch season this year. Where in the OP is Switch mentioned?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

C'mon, man. Xbox is coming off of the XBO, isn't as big worldwide, and pretty much has no games that can't be played on an XBO or PC. Sony would have to literally put a human turd in every 10th Console box.

Why even ask that question?

mZuzek loves to pre-order

Signalstar said:
Nautilus said:

What does Switch have to do with the launch season this year. Where in the OP is Switch mentioned?

Simple: Nintendo is also a hardware manufacturer, and thus a direct competitor to Sony and MS. The same it would have been stupid to not factor the PS4 and X One when the Switch launched, it would be stupid not to include the Switch into the equation, because it WILL be stealing sales away from MS and Sony.

It's like asking which kind of chocolate is better, but leaving milk chocolate out of the question for reasons.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1