By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does PS5 have a good chance to win the launch season?

Will PS5 sell a lot more than the rival this Christmas?

Yes 95 71.97%

Not sure yet 18 13.64%

No 19 14.39%

Total:132
melbye said:
Between PS5 and Series X, yes. Add Switch to that and absolutely not

Switch is absolutely irrelevant. It's already out and it's not a next gen console.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
0D0 said:

Good points on price and stock. Microsoft can get really aggressive with price and discounts. We'll see.

MS really likes to muddy the waters, so I could see Series S being sold on a payment plan. Something like paying $30 a month for two years, and you get XBL Gold, a diskless Series S, and Gamepass. That would come out to about $360 per console, but MS would probably talk about "value" from now until the end of time. Roughly 30% of console users have online subscriptions, so for most people XBL would be a waste of money. But a lot of people would buy into that, because they don't want to pay $300 upfront, or buy games.

I agree with your point but you seemed to do the math wrong and your price is too high.  $30/month for 2 years is $720, which would be too much for the Series S and GamePass combined.  When MS started All Access, they sold the One X, which was $500, for $28/month.  I would expect the Series X to be AT MOST $30/month and the Series S to be $20-25/month.  But I agree and fully expect MS to really push All Access for next gen as I feel that's a big way they can get customers, especially in North America.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

The question for this post is not relevant worldwide, as the Playstation has such a huge lead over XBox in Europe and Japan that it's a no-brainer. The real question is in North America, since the XBox 360 crushed PS3 and PS4 is only a little ahead of XBox One there. Even with the Halo news, I still think XBox Series S/X has a chance against PS5 in NA, and think in any case both will sell out this holiday.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

kenjab said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

MS really likes to muddy the waters, so I could see Series S being sold on a payment plan. Something like paying $30 a month for two years, and you get XBL Gold, a diskless Series S, and Gamepass. That would come out to about $360 per console, but MS would probably talk about "value" from now until the end of time. Roughly 30% of console users have online subscriptions, so for most people XBL would be a waste of money. But a lot of people would buy into that, because they don't want to pay $300 upfront, or buy games.

I agree with your point but you seemed to do the math wrong and your price is too high.  $30/month for 2 years is $720, which would be too much for the Series S and GamePass combined.  When MS started All Access, they sold the One X, which was $500, for $28/month.  I would expect the Series X to be AT MOST $30/month and the Series S to be $20-25/month.  But I agree and fully expect MS to really push All Access for next gen as I feel that's a big way they can get customers, especially in North America.

Was the X One all access bundle giving you Gamepass + XBL as well? If so, then I agree with your post.

Xbox could have launched with Halo, Fable and Gears with Playstation launching only Knack 3 and Playstation would have still won.

Around the Network

Yes. Spiderman vs. no Halo at all. It's a no brainer at this point even if the pricepoints are alike.

The PS5 had a great chance to win the holiday season even if Halo wasn't delayed and they were $100 more expensive than the Lockhart model lol.

The delay for Halo infinite was the final nail in the coffin for any chances for Microsoft compete this holiday with Series S/X.

Even with the cheaper Series S, the mind-share isn't really there for Xbox WW. Especially since its missing a big launch title. MS might do better in the US, but elsewhere its going to be a slaughter house.

Neither have launch titles that are interesting so no rush for me.

do we have a full list of titles for both consoles ?