By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does PS5 have a good chance to win the launch season?

Will PS5 sell a lot more than the rival this Christmas?

Yes 95 71.97%

Not sure yet 18 13.64%

No 19 14.39%

Total:132
kazuyamishima said:
Nautilus said:

Simple: Nintendo is also a hardware manufacturer, and thus a direct competitor to Sony and MS. The same it would have been stupid to not factor the PS4 and X One when the Switch launched, it would be stupid not to include the Switch into the equation, because it WILL be stealing sales away from MS and Sony.

It's like asking which kind of chocolate is better, but leaving milk chocolate out of the question for reasons.

how is switch going to steal sales away from Sony and MS if they never steal sales of PS4/Xbone. 

They don't?How so, if the Switch is beating both of them right now?

And how can you prove they are not? By the basic principle of competition, just being a product that is similar to the one the competition is selling, you are battling for the consumer money. So by that logic, if someone spends 300 dollars to buy a Switch, it stands to reason that it's 300 not spend buying a PS4/One.Just because the PS4 and Switch sold/are selling well, dosen't mean they couldn't have sold better if that competito didn't exist.

It's... common logic...

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Signalstar said:

Then by all means create a thread asking which will sell more this holiday season: Switch, PS5, or Xbox. As it stands Nintendo and the Switch have nothing to do with this thread or topic.

It has everything to do with the topic.

Maybe I will closer to the holidays, but that still won't stop me from bringing my own opinion and the facts wherever I think it's relevant.

So according to you it is impossible to create a thread comparing 2 discreet, clearly defined items? I can never create a thread asking which will sell better Game A or Game B. What you are doing is the equivalent of coming in and saying it doesn't matter because GTA V will outsell them both. It has nothing to do with the topic and is obvious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

d21lewis said:

C'mon, man. Xbox is coming off of the XBO, isn't as big worldwide, and pretty much has no games that can't be played on an XBO or PC. Sony would have to literally put a human turd in every 10th Console box.

Why even ask that question?

What if it's an alien turd  do they shout collectors item.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
d21lewis said:

C'mon, man. Xbox is coming off of the XBO, isn't as big worldwide, and pretty much has no games that can't be played on an XBO or PC. Sony would have to literally put a human turd in every 10th Console box.

Why even ask that question?

What if it's an alien turd  do they shout collectors item.

😲

GENIUS!!

I don't think that was ever in doubt even before Halo: Infinite's delay.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

I had no Idea Switch was LAUNCHING this Holiday, the more you know.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

There was never any doubt. I belive there is a solid hardcore number that if supply was unlimited the same number of hardcore fans would have bought the console. before the halo delay i would have said if supply was no issue the ps5 could sell 10-15m before the january, the xbox

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Wman1996 said:
PS5 was pretty much poised to win the launch window anyway, barring too high of a price. This will cement that dominance even further. The only way I think that Xbox has a good chance is if the Xbox Series X is $400 and the PS5 Standard Edition is $600. So it would basically be Gen 7 price differences at launch all over again.

I think the Standard Edition will be priced at $600, but it won't make a difference. PS5 is still going to dominate. Also, I think most people are going to go for the cheaper, discless PS5. I expect the discless version to be $500.

ThatDreamcastTho said:
Wman1996 said:
PS5 was pretty much poised to win the launch window anyway, barring too high of a price. This will cement that dominance even further. The only way I think that Xbox has a good chance is if the Xbox Series X is $400 and the PS5 Standard Edition is $600. So it would basically be Gen 7 price differences at launch all over again.

I think the Standard Edition will be priced at $600, but it won't make a difference. PS5 is still going to dominate. Also, I think most people are going to go for the cheaper, discless PS5. I expect the discless version to be $500.

Discless for 500 and Disc version for 600 would really open Playstation to Xbox win. Lockhart 300 and Series X at 500 would possibly do a very strong competition.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
ThatDreamcastTho said:

Discless for 500 and Disc version for 600 would really open Playstation to Xbox win. Lockhart 300 and Series X at 500 would possibly do a very strong competition.

The Series X is going to get killed at the same price point as a discless PS5. I could see being competitive with the Lockhart at $300 or even $400 as people would rather have a next gen system than a PS4 at that price. But at the same price point? Xbox has no chance.