Forums - Sony Discussion - Does PS5 have a good chance to win the launch season?

Will PS5 sell a lot more than the rival this Christmas?

Yes 93 73.23%

Not sure yet 16 12.60%

No 18 14.17%

Total:127

Japan is going to Sony no matter what. US, EU, and the rest of the world are less certain currently.

Stock could determine who will win the launch season in the US especially. Both Series S | X and PS5 will sell through about as much stock as MS and Sony make I'd say, unless they make an absolute crap ton of them. Not sure who will actually manufacture more. MS supposedly began manufacturing sooner, in mid May, compared to early July for PS5 as I recall, and they have almost totally cancelled all XB1 production now, which may indicate heavy Xbox Series production instead. Not sure how much Sony intends to have ready this Holiday, I recall something about them aiming to manufacture 10m by the end of March though.

Europe could depend on rather or not PS5 will have a staggered release. MS supposedly intends to launch in all markets on November 10th, while there have been some rumors that PS5 will be staggered, with Japan in early November, US in late November, and EU in December. That late EU launch could allow MS to finish the Holiday season ahead of PS5 in Europe possibly. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 09 September 2020

Around the Network
0D0 said:
Can we dream with a $470 ish PS5?

I'm not dreaming, but I'm thinking $399 if they want to upstage MS.

inb4 Sony doomed with that low price.

kazuyamishima said:
Who knows now, what I do know is that Microsoft are doing a better marketing now.

I know a lot of people, especially in Latin American countries that thinks that Series S is more powerful than Ps5 for less the price.

A Series S in a monthly plan is quite disruptive, particularly in the year of the largest pandemic since the Spanish flu. Plus, how Sony will make sure consumers understand that the disc-less PS5 is more powerful than the disc-less Xbox is something I want to know.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

It will depend on price. If it is 499, it will win, if it is 599, no.

Dont think this anouncement changed much to be honest. Still got to remember that the x1 will still play all the games at least through 2021, so theres still no urgency to upgrade. Some games will require a ps5 day one. If sony still goes disc $500 and digital $400, they still will win by large margins.
Some are saying now that they want to undercut MS and go $450 and $400. But I really dont think they need to. Would be overkill if they did.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
Dont think this anouncement changed much to be honest. Still got to remember that the x1 will still play all the games at least through 2021, so theres still no urgency to upgrade. Some games will require a ps5 day one. If sony still goes disc $500 and digital $400, they still will win by large margins.
Some are saying now that they want to undercut MS and go $450 and $400. But I really dont think they need to. Would be overkill if they did.

I think they wont sell PS5 for less than 499, they want to make profit.

eva01beserk said:

I wasn't expecting that S price tag, and that can make a lot of original Xbox 1 owners to upgrade, I guess. Particularly those more casual original Xbox owners that only play Gamepass games. Those don't care much about power, discs and they haven't bought a new console for years.

I mean, PS5 still has a great chance here in this launch season, but MS is playing tough now.

God bless You.

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

PS5 will be 499. Get it out of your head that it will be lower. Sony needs to take no precautionary steps.

Xxain said:
PS5 will be 499. Get it out of your head that it will be lower. Sony needs to take no precautionary steps.

You're probably right.

I reckon Sony needs to be cautious about PS5DE price tag tho. Casual consumers will be tempted to compare PS5DE and S without bearing in mind their tech differences.

God bless You.

No WAY, absolutely not!

steve