Forums - Sony Discussion - Does PS5 have a good chance to win the launch season?

Will PS5 sell a lot more than the rival this Christmas?

Yes 93 73.23%

Not sure yet 16 12.60%

No 18 14.17%

Total:127

0D0 said:
Peh said:

This thread was dead for 2 weeks, but yet you had to come back just to bump it with a note like this.....

Is that a problem?

0D0 said:
kazuyamishima said:

Don’t know what you had to change the title since it was clear that you were referring to the two new consoles that will release this holiday.

But yeah, then I remember....

I edited the first post. The Switch posters are unbelievable.

It seems to be more of a problem for you that made you come back and you still keep on attacking the Switch posters.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti 11GB VRAM / 3090 (Placeholder)| Asus PG27UQ gaming on 3840 x 2160 @120 Hz GSYNC HDR| HTC Vive Pro :3

Reached PC master race level.

Around the Network

⚠️

Yes, I get that the goal of this was PS5/DE vs Xbox Series S/X for the holiday (and some brought Switch into it), but no need to attack Switch users. My suggestion is everyone try to keep it about those two brands if possible (as per OP/TC request), but keep any and all personal attacks away. It isn't a crime to bring up Switch in here, just make sure it is civil and relevant.

sales2099 said:
It might have a “smidge” more competition then many thought given the latest leak :)

Indeed. The (now confirmed) pricing of XSS makes it very affordable to everyone instead of just early adopters, and backwards compatibility ought to mostly kill competition coming from Xbox One. There's just very little reason to get an Xbox One after this reveal. XSX doesn't sound like it's priced over the top either. Before today's leak and later reveal, I was fairly confident Sony would be in a strong position, but now I'm not so sure anymore. Of course this all depends on the details as well: How well can MS market XSS, which will probably be quite a bit weaker than XSX, and how will Sony price the different PS5 models?

Zkuq said:
sales2099 said:
It might have a “smidge” more competition then many thought given the latest leak :)

Indeed. The (now confirmed) pricing of XSS makes it very affordable to everyone instead of just early adopters, and backwards compatibility ought to mostly kill competition coming from Xbox One. There's just very little reason to get an Xbox One after this reveal. XSX doesn't sound like it's priced over the top either. Before today's leak and later reveal, I was fairly confident Sony would be in a strong position, but now I'm not so sure anymore. Of course this all depends on the details as well: How well can MS market XSS, which will probably be quite a bit weaker than XSX, and how will Sony price the different PS5 models?

I agree. XSS is not on par with PS5, but this price is just sweet and I think many gamers could agree with a disc less version (even though not as powerful as next gen should be) on that price tag.

Xbox still does not have a compelling list of launch games, but XSS might make many original XBO owners want to upgrade. Besides for children who plays Xbox, this might be the one parents will go for.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Ok. Now we've got the prices:

S: 299
X: 499

Plus

• "Xbox Series X, our most powerful console ever made, and Xbox Series S, next-generation performance in our smallest console ever built at a more affordable price, launch globally November 10, pre-orders start September 22.
  • The expansion of Xbox All Access to 12 countries, offering you a next generation Xbox and 24 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate starting at $24.99 a month, with no upfront costs.
  • EA Play Comes to Xbox Game Pass at no additional cost."

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/09/xbox-series-x-and-xbox-series-s-launching-november-10/?ocid=Platform_soc_omc_xbo_tw_Photo_lrn_9.9.1

Last edited by 0D0 - on 09 September 2020

God bless You.

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network

Can we dream with a $470 ish PS5?

God bless You.

It will worldwide but with the Xbox prices it could sell less at launch in the US and maybe certain other places like the UK.

0D0 said:
Can we dream with a $470 ish PS5?

I'd have to imagine both PS5 SKU's will be between $399 and $499 USD. Since PS really likes their whole numbers at launch, with the XBSX being $499, I'd guess it's pretty likely that's exactly where they set the prices.

Match XBSX at $499 with PS5, and stay within $100 of XBSX at $399 for PS5 DE. SNY mind share and PS4 momentum will take care of any PS5 vs XBSX paper spec concerns, and PS5 DE value should be enough to sway a worthy amount of the digital only and price conscious crowd.

I think SNY's biggest concern would be XBSS, not XBSX.

I don't think so mainly because u don't get any value for money compared to what the competitors are offering. There's no launch games that want me to buy it and with third party games, I rather play it on a stronger hardware.

Who knows now, what I do know is that Microsoft are doing a better marketing now.

I know a lot of people, especially in Latin American countries that thinks that Series S is more powerful than Ps5 for less the price.