By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does PS5 have a good chance to win the launch season?

Will PS5 sell a lot more than the rival this Christmas?

Yes 95 71.97%

Not sure yet 18 13.64%

No 19 14.39%

Total:132

No because it doesnt have compelling games and price is like the xsx that's more powerful and we have the xss that is cheaper than both and the disk less ps5

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network
Peh said:
0D0 said:
I know the thread is done, but I had to do and edit on the OP about Switch.

Shame on all people mentioning Switch here.

This thread was dead for 2 weeks, but yet you had to come back just to bump it with a note like this.....

Is that a problem?

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Don’t know what you had to change the title since it was clear that you were referring to the two new consoles that will release this holiday.

But yeah, then I remember....

kazuyamishima said:

Don’t know what you had to change the title since it was clear that you were referring to the two new consoles that will release this holiday.

I edited the first post. The Switch posters are unbelievable.

God bless You.

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

It might have a “smidge” more competition then many thought given the latest leak :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

0D0 said:
Peh said:

This thread was dead for 2 weeks, but yet you had to come back just to bump it with a note like this.....

Is that a problem?

0D0 said:
kazuyamishima said:

I edited the first post. The Switch posters are unbelievable.

It seems to be more of a problem for you that made you come back and you still keep on attacking the Switch posters.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

sales2099 said:
It might have a “smidge” more competition then many thought given the latest leak :)

Indeed. The (now confirmed) pricing of XSS makes it very affordable to everyone instead of just early adopters, and backwards compatibility ought to mostly kill competition coming from Xbox One. There's just very little reason to get an Xbox One after this reveal. XSX doesn't sound like it's priced over the top either. Before today's leak and later reveal, I was fairly confident Sony would be in a strong position, but now I'm not so sure anymore. Of course this all depends on the details as well: How well can MS market XSS, which will probably be quite a bit weaker than XSX, and how will Sony price the different PS5 models?

Zkuq said:
sales2099 said:

Indeed. The (now confirmed) pricing of XSS makes it very affordable to everyone instead of just early adopters, and backwards compatibility ought to mostly kill competition coming from Xbox One. There's just very little reason to get an Xbox One after this reveal. XSX doesn't sound like it's priced over the top either. Before today's leak and later reveal, I was fairly confident Sony would be in a strong position, but now I'm not so sure anymore. Of course this all depends on the details as well: How well can MS market XSS, which will probably be quite a bit weaker than XSX, and how will Sony price the different PS5 models?

I agree. XSS is not on par with PS5, but this price is just sweet and I think many gamers could agree with a disc less version (even though not as powerful as next gen should be) on that price tag.

Xbox still does not have a compelling list of launch games, but XSS might make many original XBO owners want to upgrade. Besides for children who plays Xbox, this might be the one parents will go for.

God bless You.

Ok. Now we've got the prices:

S: 299
X: 499

Plus

• "Xbox Series X, our most powerful console ever made, and Xbox Series S, next-generation performance in our smallest console ever built at a more affordable price, launch globally November 10, pre-orders start September 22.
  • The expansion of Xbox All Access to 12 countries, offering you a next generation Xbox and 24 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate starting at $24.99 a month, with no upfront costs.
  • EA Play Comes to Xbox Game Pass at no additional cost."

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/09/xbox-series-x-and-xbox-series-s-launching-november-10/?ocid=Platform_soc_omc_xbo_tw_Photo_lrn_9.9.1

Last edited by 0D0 - on 09 September 2020

God bless You.

Can we dream with a $470 ish PS5?

God bless You.