By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Over 3 years in, Switch is still missing basic features.

Out of all these, the only ones that I agree don't make sense are folders and themes.

Regarding the Virtual Console, they do have it. It's just not called the Virtual Console anymore, it's called Nintendo Switch Online.
If I had to choose between spending $5, $8, or $10 on each individual NES or SNES retro game I want vs. $35 a year for all of them, not just for me, but for my cousins and my best friends too. I'll gladly take the latter.

Netflix and Internet browser? I couldn't give two shits since I already have access to those in spades.

The others I can take or leave.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I have learnt to stop caring about them on the switch. Once up on a time I was like wtf Nintendo. But as the days pass, I start to realize that a lot of the stuff like messaging, like chat, like web browsing and etc are things I wouldn't use very often on the switch anyway but instead, I'd use them in other platforms like on a computer or phone. If you don't have a PC/phone and the switch is your only console, yea those would be pretty yikes but for me, oh well.

The issue isn't that you can't talk to your friends, it's that you can't talk to people whom you've played with online and might've then become a friend, or at least someone you play online with more often.

Believe it or not, I've actually made a IRL friend whose first contact I had with was playing online on the Wii U. On the Switch, this is impossible.

Yea that's true. It would be great if they would add something but I guess people just have to go to game specific discords these days.

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

Only thing that I think is really important is the VC. They have a sort of substitute, but that's so limited it barely counts.

The communication features are not missing so much as features Nintendo doesn't want. They've always been skittish about online interactions due to their younger fanbase. Which you could argue is stupid, but it's a choice rather than Nintendo's incompetence.

Folders were nice on 3DS, but since Switch already brings frequently used games to the forefront it's not really necessary.

The other features are relatively minor. I wouldn't object to a web browser or netflix, but I also would use those features sporadically at best. As for achievements I'd really only want those if they were something more than digital gold stars.

Switchphone will do more of those multimedia tasks in 2023 book it

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

JWeinCom said:
The communication features are not missing so much as features Nintendo doesn't want. They've always been skittish about online interactions due to their younger fanbase. Which you could argue is stupid, but it's a choice rather than Nintendo's incompetence.

It's an incompetent choice, is what you mean to say.

Around the Network

Nothing that they add I feel like are absolutely necessary except bluetooth. My connector only lasts like 4 hours per charge.

However, I would love themes and folders. There are so many digital games I haven't even touched because I have completely forgotten about them as they are buried in a vast sea of icons. I know its my problem lol, but folders would be nice.

1doesnotsimply

mZuzek said:
JWeinCom said:

It's an incompetent choice, is what you mean to say.

No, if I meant to say that, I'd have said it.

Damn, had no idea it was missing all that.

People will defend them, but most of that list are things a lot of people want in a system.

PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I don't need another Netflix or internet browsing device. Themes aren't a big deal for me either. Virtual console and folders would be nice though

2 things I miss the most:
Creating tags for my games, and organize by them(I think is a better solution than folders, as games can be of more than 1 category)
Log activity