By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch menu: white or grey?

I prefer...

White 6 14.29%

Grey 36 85.71%

Total:42

Dark mode because I don’t want to wear sunglasses when I turn on my switch on the TV at night.

Around the Network
Spindel said:
Dark mode because I don’t want to wear sunglasses when I turn on my switch on the TV at night.

This made me laugh like a stoned hyena, thank you.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 18 July 2020

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Pemalite said:
Rab said:
Dark mode saves power

Shouldn't make a difference, it's a cheaper IPS display not an OLED display, basically the backlight is on regardless if it's light or dark theme.

Actually for LCD displays dark/black draws more power than white (with the difference being miniscule, but still more)

Spindel said:
Pemalite said:

Shouldn't make a difference, it's a cheaper IPS display not an OLED display, basically the backlight is on regardless if it's light or dark theme.

Actually for LCD displays dark/black draws more power than white (with the difference being miniscule, but still more)

Should be a negligible either way.
The bulk of a LCD displays power consumption is the backlight.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Here in USA we spell it gray. 😛

Around the Network

Mostly dark but sometimes, when I'm feeling REALLY frisky, I switch it up and go with light. So many choices!

Twitter: @d21lewis

killeryoshis said:
I like Gray better.

Anyone who picks white is going on my User Ignore List. Your opinion will no longer matter to me.

Better add me to that list then

I choose dark theme due to health problem of mine the white theme causes me intensively headache, so bottom line the dark theme is much comfortable for my eyes.

d21lewis said:
Mostly dark but sometimes, when I'm feeling REALLY frisky, I switch it up and go with light. So many choices!

You dirty old dog.   Two timing it

I think the light theme looks nice but it's a bit too harsh on my eyes so I've used the dark theme since launch.