By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch menu: white or grey?

I prefer...

White 6 14.29%

Grey 36 85.71%

Total:42
d21lewis said:
Mostly dark but sometimes, when I'm feeling REALLY frisky, I switch it up and go with light. So many choices!

You dirty old dog.   Two timing it

Around the Network

I think the light theme looks nice but it's a bit too harsh on my eyes so I've used the dark theme since launch.

White, I've just about never changed it. They need to add actual themes like the 3DS.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Lonely_Dolphin said:
I actually like the look of white better, but grey is easier on the eyes.

THIS!

So, of course, grey is what I pick, although I'm not a graylord like some people here! More like an ally of the Light Grey Background Types. 

Last edited by Jumpin - on 18 July 2020

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I use the dark theme. It's more pleasant for the eyes in the night when I usually play.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Light theme is nicer and cleaner to look at but ... Might as well look at the sun for a couple of seconds and you'll get the same sensation 😵

No... Not at all. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Grey for me too, but I don't mind white and use it too occasionally just to change things up.

And yeah, it is super weird that in Switch's 4th year it's still just the two options, which they even call "Basic White" and "Basic Black", which definitely gives the impression they intended to add more.

Also, this thread made me realize VGC had a dark mode, which I have now switched to. It looks strange as I'm not used to it yet, but I think I like it.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 18 July 2020

I see the "grey" UI more as black.

javi741 said:
I see the "grey" UI more as black.

Well, it technically is called "basic black" but to me black is this:

grey