By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch menu: white or grey?

I prefer...

White 6 14.29%

Grey 36 85.71%

Total:42

White is blinding. I went with grey and never looked back. It just looks so much smoother IMO.

Having said that, I would rather have themed backgrounds. The 3DS had them, so what the hell Nintendo?

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

Uh, I haven't tried changing it to grey but seeing that pic I think I'd prefer it grey.

Rab said:
Dark mode saves power

Shouldn't make a difference, it's a cheaper IPS display not an OLED display, basically the backlight is on regardless if it's light or dark theme.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Dark mode because I don’t want to wear sunglasses when I turn on my switch on the TV at night.

Spindel said:
Dark mode because I don’t want to wear sunglasses when I turn on my switch on the TV at night.

This made me laugh like a stoned hyena, thank you.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 18 July 2020

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Rab said:
Dark mode saves power

Shouldn't make a difference, it's a cheaper IPS display not an OLED display, basically the backlight is on regardless if it's light or dark theme.

Actually for LCD displays dark/black draws more power than white (with the difference being miniscule, but still more)

Spindel said:
Pemalite said:

Actually for LCD displays dark/black draws more power than white (with the difference being miniscule, but still more)

Should be a negligible either way.
The bulk of a LCD displays power consumption is the backlight.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Here in USA we spell it gray. 😛

Mostly dark but sometimes, when I'm feeling REALLY frisky, I switch it up and go with light. So many choices!

I choose dark theme due to health problem of mine the white theme causes me intensively headache, so bottom line the dark theme is much comfortable for my eyes.