By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch menu: white or grey?

I prefer...

White 6 14.29%

Grey 36 85.71%

Total:42
mZuzek said:

However, I wanna add that, as far as light themes go, the Switch's looks horrendous.

Why

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

Dark mode saves power

mZuzek said:
Metallox said:

Why

You're probably evil

I am. 

But the white theme makes the menu look like a bunch of letters on a sheet of paper. Not a lot to it, certainly not enough for it to be horrendous. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Grey. White just looks too bright

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I like Gray better.

Anyone who picks white is going on my User Ignore List. Your opinion will no longer matter to me.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

This thread made me realize the Switch still doesn't have themes.

Grey theme looks waaay better.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

Black (Gray). I almost exclusively play my Switch late at night. The white background was the first thing I changed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Pretty much black to me in my book. I stuck with white because I don't give a shit too much cause I'm barely on the menu select.  I switched it once and didn't like the dark theme.  They could put out some custom home screens like they did with 3DS.  Not sure why they haven't.

Grey/dark Mode.

Its just better, I use a Dark Mode or grey style on every device or software that allows it; from my Switch to my Mac to my iPhone to VGC to programs such as AutoCAD. Light themes are just tiring to the eye, they’re much too bright. This isn’t new, I used to even set my Windows XP to the grey theme instead of the blue, even though that wasn’t really a Dark Mode. In most cases the dark color schemes also look much better, as an added bonus.