By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony: The Last of Us Part II Sells More Than 4 Million Copies, Fastest Selling PS4 Exclusive

Tagged games:

vonny said:
icykai said:

Is there no data on ACNH first 3 days?

AC was a sleeper hit, constant seller rather than a bolter

Not really, it sold massive numbers on launch week AND it continued to sell at a solid rate ever since.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
It goes to show how we forum dwellers live in a bubble. All the drama around the leaks and crunch time and the "total betrayal of the first game" never reached most of the 4+ million people who bought the game.

Think how much it would have sold first week if all those people hadn't immediately cancelled their preorders after the leaks like they all said they would?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Not surprised, the franchise has huge pull, especially considering there's only ever been one mainline release before. Releasing an early remaster on PS4 of the first game was really clever!

I think the game will easily sell over 20 million lifetime like the original. 10 million by the end of the year easily. Once the HBO series comes out- you'll see a resurgence in sales similar to what happened with the Witcher 3 when that Netflix series came out.

So much for the big bad leak and the negative user scores. Turns out to be a blowout both in reviews and sales.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
It goes to show how we forum dwellers live in a bubble. All the drama around the leaks and crunch time and the "total betrayal of the first game" never reached most of the 4+ million people who bought the game.

Im sure even the people that had it spoiled wound it buying it, like me for example!

Even though the spoilers were disappointing (and the game itself slightly as well) I was still going to get the game no matter.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Signalstar said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Think how much it would have sold first week if all those people hadn't immediately cancelled their preorders after the leaks like they all said they would?

Now imagine if the game was good, chuckles... even the people that say they hate the game because of the story mostly agree that everything else is superior to the first game.

CGI-Quality said:
TruckOSaurus said:
It goes to show how we forum dwellers live in a bubble. 

Yep. I was one of few that predicted not only North of 3.75m in 3 days, but that it would be bigger than Spidey. 

Well if you predict over 3.75 then it would be over Spidery (3.3)... I was even more optmistic thinking it could even reach 5M.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

great news, love this game

I still need to play the first one :) I have it on my console but never took the time to. I am planning to start it next week and then add 1 more sell to this "more than 4m copies" to play the sequel :)

Signalstar said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I bet most of those people were just shit heads and not going to buy the game in the first place. And those that did cancel, probably just a few thousand.