Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony: The Last of Us Part II Sells More Than 4 Million Copies, Fastest Selling PS4 Exclusive

Tagged games:

Nate4Drake said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
This and we still have Ghosts of Tsushima coming out next month.
I know we all know it and all say it over and over and over and over.

But man, First Party PS4 support has been unreal this gen.

Yep, First Party support has been stellar, and I hope this trend keep going and going with PS5 ;)    Sony games are unique.

This trend has been going since 2009 IMO. so 11 years strong, don't see any sign of it stopping now.

PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

I haven't played the game, and I will judge it on its merits. So I might like, or dislike. But is a "in-your-face" to the intolerant haters.

This is not really surprising.

Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

Not at all surprising, really.

The original sold over 20 Million units as a new IP and had consistent legs over multiple generations because it was one of the most well received games by both critics and consumers over the last decade. Word of mouth has been overwhelmingly positive for 7 solid years and there's been nothing really like it since.

Huge.

5 Million+ first week is still on the table!

Around the Network

close to 10 million for the first month ?

We all know it would sell a massive amount.. it will be more interesting to see week 2 and 3

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Naum said:
We all know it would sell a massive amount.. it will be more interesting to see week 2 and 3

For sure. The original was hardly divisive. Part 2 very much is. I wonder how many poeple are in my camp: I looked forward to it. Than the whole negativity around the leaks concerned me. So I decided to watch a playthrough on YouTube to see if I like it. I already watched 15-20 hours (hard to tell) and I don't like it at all. So now I won't buy it. Never thought I would skip this game. What a bummer.

My 5M prediction for FW seems low now xD

ArchangelMadzz said:
Nate4Drake said:

Yep, First Party support has been stellar, and I hope this trend keep going and going with PS5 ;)    Sony games are unique.

This trend has been going since 2009 IMO. so 11 years strong, don't see any sign of it stopping now.

2012, 2014 and 2019 were slow, but yeah, its almost always really strong.