By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony: The Last of Us Part II Sells More Than 4 Million Copies, Fastest Selling PS4 Exclusive

Tagged games:

DakonBlackblade said:
LivingMetal said:

I've seen YouTubers use the 80% drop as ammo to justify their cause.  And I'm not knocking anyone with an opinion.  It's just that the 80% drop reported by these certain YouTubers reveal how much of a shill they really are who are just as bad if not worse than the ones they judge as being shills of the opposite persuasion.  Especially when given a potentially similar context in drop as Don had previously stated.  So please do not fall in the same camp.  In fact if you don't want to come off as a kind of shill, please make sure you formulate a more structurally correct argument.  I am by no mean grammar police.  But everything in bold and underline that was corrected from your original quote in plentiful do you no favors when your post comes across as agenda driven talking points.  It comes across as "reacting before thinking" which doesn't bode well for the intent of the argument.

You understood the message, there's no reason to be pedantic. Also English is not my first language, fast typing + that results in problems, it is what it is.

Also the drop is massive, no amount of sugar coating it will work, stores are reporting used copys in the buckets, Japan has pages and pages of used TLoU copys on their Ebay over there (they hate the game to no end in Japan) and if you want a more elaborate critic here goes:

Better than being a dumb ass.  How's that for pedantic...?

⚠️ WARNED: Flaming ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 01 July 2020

Around the Network

it will be interesting to see how this sells in the long run. I think it may get stuck at 6M

Heavenly_King said:
it will be interesting to see how this sells in the long run. I think it may get stuck at 6M

Oh I know what you did here!!!

DonFerrari said:
KazumaKiryu said:
How big are Spider-Man and God of War in the first days ? :)

About 3M

Thank you! Awesome sales

KazumaKiryu said:
DonFerrari said:

About 3M

Thank you! Awesome sales

Yep, I think ever since UC4 almost all the big hits by Sony have been breaking the record of the other.

like UC4, HZD, GoW, SM and now TLOU2.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
KazumaKiryu said:

Thank you! Awesome sales

Yep, I think ever since UC4 almost all the big hits by Sony have been breaking the record of the other.

Great to hear. In my opinion, The Last of Us 2 is the highlight of the generation. Persona 5 Royal is also very strong this year. I'm really looking forward to the completely new game in July: Ghost of Tsushima! Hopefully as much love to detail will be rewarded as with zb. Uncharted 4 @ sales.

DonFerrari said:
KazumaKiryu said:

Thank you! Awesome sales

How did Days Gone do? Didn't hear much about this one.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
DonFerrari said:

Not record breaking but very successful for Sony and Bend especially on the digital front.

7th highest sales in history for a Sony published game and Bend’s most successful game to date.  

Best selling PS4 exclusive on PSN for 2019, also outselling MK11 and Borderlands 3 on PSN. 

This is from Mat Piscatella as well as Benji.

TruckOSaurus said:
DonFerrari said:

Critics is done bad, sales probably lukewarm. Wasn't considered big hit by Sony though. The studio was developing Vita games until this project where they got decent budget.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

News: "The Last of Us Part 2 sold 2.8M digital units in June, easily setting the record for exclusive PlayStation launches. The long-awaited sequel surpassed Marvel’s Spider-Man and Final Fantasy VII Remake, which each sold 2.2M digital units in their respective release months. However, sales of TLOU2 are likely to be frontloaded as more than two-thirds of first-month digital sales were preorders, a high share even for a AAA title".

https://www.superdataresearch.com/blog/worldwide-digital-games-market/

And it was number 1 in usa too, last month :)