By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you like the PS5 console design?

Do you like the PS5 console design?

Yes 132 55.23%

No 80 33.47%

On the fence 27 11.30%

Total:239
DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:
I don't have a problem with console size personally; I never had an issue with the original Xbox or fat PS3 being bulky.

I admit, neither a PS5 nor a Series X are going to fit into my current TV cabinet, as it has just enough space for a Wii, a PS3, a 360, and a Wii U to fit comfortably side by side, and while the Wii U has been packed away now, that's obviously not enough free space for one of these beasts.

But heck, if I end up getting one I'll work something out; probably just plonk it on the floor next to the cabinet, may not look neat but who cares, I've never been a stickler for everything to look super organised (despite having clinical OCD, which unlike what the media portrays often has nothing to do with wanting things tidy) and I'm not trying to impress anyone.

Well you can alway pack the older consoles for a while until you figure a good placement for them. Or a small shelf.

True; these days the 7th gen systems only see action every few months or so when I feel like replaying an old favourite, so if I packed one of those away I could leave one of the two sides free and fit a PS5/Series X there.

I'm not in a rush to get either just yet though; still waiting til they have enough games I want to win me over, and I wouldn't wanna buy one in the first year or so anyway, just to wait and see if either has RROD type issues. Definitely open to getting one down the road though.

Honestly, I miss having another current non-Nintendo system to play in the gaps between the worthwhile Switch releases. PS4/Xbone never really made me want them, but next gen already feels more interesting.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

I don't have a problem with console size personally; I never had an issue with the original Xbox or fat PS3 being bulky.

I admit, neither a PS5 nor a Series X are going to fit into my current TV cabinet, as it has just enough space for a Wii, a PS3, a 360, and a Wii U to fit comfortably side by side, and while the Wii U has been packed away now, that's obviously not enough free space for one of these beasts.

But heck, if I end up getting one I'll work something out; probably just plonk it on the floor next to the cabinet, may not look neat but who cares, I've never been a stickler for everything to look super organised. (Despite having clinical OCD, which unlike what the media portrays often has nothing to do with wanting things tidy)

While I find it interesting from a design point of view, size just isn't really a factor for me and certainly doesn't make a console less appealing.

Me either, though in the rare instance like XB1, that was a problem overall as far as I was concerned. At least with the other bigger bulkier consoles, you can tell they tried to make them as small as possible for the most part, while also trying to make them look as appealing as possible to their target consumer. While PS5 looks cool, I think it's just ok because it's way too over the top. The XB1 had way too much empty space inside and seriously resembled a boxy VCR player. Now while it's pretty clear in terms of the 360 RROD as to why MS did that, to those who look beyond the visuals, it still doesn't give them the excuse of making it look like something that never really was cool or intriguing to begin with, even back then. At the very least, the XB1 should have looked as visually appealing as possible if it was going to be that big and bulky. PS5 has that sleek curved wow factor, much like the 360 had, minus the RROD hopefully, which is why it will get away with being as big as it seems to be.

It looks like what people in the 90s-2000s thought the future would look like.

B O I

LuccaCardoso1 said:

Damn, they were right...

LuccaCardoso1 said:

Kinda looks like the 80s idea of what cars would look like nowadays

That would be the ps5 pro there on the road.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
@sales2099 looks like PS5 doesn`t look similar to XSX at all.

Good I’m glad, better to have each console have its own style. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Reminds me of these two things:

Barad-dür
https://images.app.goo.gl/mDSMX3YCfXkQubb66

And when it's on its side with a stand:
https://images.app.goo.gl/XqiSZD463tLybuuz8

I think its the small disc body holding up the everything else.

I don't know which egyptian god it is, could be ra, nubis, forgot the name. But it had an animal face, it had pointed ears and elongated nose/face. This is what it reminded me of when I first saw the ps5 face front. First I was scared, but now i'm loving it, especially how it's a looker from different angles.

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:
@sales2099 looks like PS5 doesn`t look similar to XSX at all.

Good I’m glad, better to have each console have its own style. 

I totally agree.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

The more I look at it, the more I like it. Especially on its side it looks really good. They got me.