By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - REmake 3 discussion thread.

REmake 3...

I'm all in. 13 48.15%

Maybe. 8 29.63%

Not buying. 4 14.81%

Indifferent, other, comments... 2 7.41%

Total:27

Capcom couldn't resist but to go back to the usual over the top unrealistic action scenes in a survival horror game.. it honestly makes no sense to the genre.
How many times has Nemesis grabbed hold of Jill, threw her around, and still doesn't understand to just squeeze her neck and he has accomplished his mission, but no, lets throw her around 17 times and each time she gets up and runs away.
This is the type of thinking I do with a game when they throw stupidly over the top sequences at me. This isn't Just Cause, this is suppose to be Resident Evil, a game about surviving, if my murderer was going to just throw me around than I am very lucky and relieved. RE2 Remake did it right, and I am disappointed they didn't follow the trend on it. They had the perfect opportunity to recreate the story making it more serious in the streets in Raccoon city, but instead we get a recreated action game with Zombies again. This is how RE6 fell.
Rant over.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Capcom couldn't resist but to go back to the usual over the top unrealistic action scenes in a survival horror game.. it honestly makes no sense to the genre.
How many times has Nemesis grabbed hold of Jill, threw her around, and still doesn't understand to just squeeze her neck and he has accomplished his mission, but no, lets throw her around 17 times and each time she gets up and runs away.
This is the type of thinking I do with a game when they throw stupidly over the top sequences at me. This isn't Just Cause, this is suppose to be Resident Evil, a game about surviving, if my murderer was going to just throw me around than I am very lucky and relieved. RE2 Remake did it right, and I am disappointed they didn't follow the trend on it. They had the perfect opportunity to recreate the story making it more serious in the streets in Raccoon city, but instead we get a recreated action game with Zombies again. This is how RE6 fell.
Rant over.

To be fair RE3 was normally not going to be a numbered game but a spinoff that was more action oriented so it does make sense that also shines through in this remake.

Code veronica is the one you might like the remake of since that is pure survival horror again.

Immersiveunreality said:
Azzanation said:
Rant over.

To be fair RE3 was normally not going to be a numbered game but a spinoff that was more action oriented so it does make sense that also shines through in this remake.

Code veronica is the one you might like the remake of since that is pure survival horror again.

I really enjoyed playing Code Veronica on the Dreamcast. Its just Resident Evil is such a good survival horror franchise when it tries to be a survival horror game. I don't know why they try to turn it into a action packed fest on some titles. RE1,RE2,RE4, Code V, RE Revelations, RE Revolutions 2 and RE7 all show massive amount of quality in the brand, than we have RE5 which I actually still enjoyed as it made sense to the shooting and story, but than RE6 which basically threw away the survival horror part and made it a Zombie Matrix world and RE3 Remake seems to take a lot of liberties of RE6 than to follow what actually works.

All in all, I don't hate RE3 Remake, its a solid title, but its a let down following RE2 Remake and for the series, it could have easily turned the 3rd game around and made it super creepy walking around the zombie infested city, instead I feel more like a super hero who loves killing zombies, a bit like Dead Rising except more serious. Still a good game, just nothing new and wont blow you out of your seat.

Azzanation said:
Rant over.

Depending on the power of the throw you would die the same, so the problem isn't really on the throwing around =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Azzanation said:
Rant over.

Nemesis is toying with jill. Haven't you seen this be done in movies??  If nemesis wanted to he could have killed jill in the first 5 minutes, but then we wouldn't have a game to play...

Around the Network

I've played it a few hours this weekend and it's pretty good. I realized that I remember next to nothing about the original game (played it only once compared to like 10 times for RE2) so everything feels new. One thing I'm not too fond of is not knowing when I should use my ammo on Nemesis. I like to conserve ammo as much as possible and I've been running away from him since I know he can't be killed but now I fear I'm missing out on weapons upgrade because of that.

Signature goes here!

KratosLives said:
Azzanation said:
Rant over.

Nemesis is toying with jill. Haven't you seen this be done in movies??  If nemesis wanted to he could have killed jill in the first 5 minutes, but then we wouldn't have a game to play...

Yeah unfortunately that's what I see when I play games or watch movies like this. They poorly implement parts on where they could have easily ended the game/movie but lets just throw the main hero threw a wall and buy more time. If someone like me who can see the plot holes like these than its a poor design choice in my view.

Nemesis is out to kill S.T.A.R.S not to toy with them, you see him kill the other S.T.A.R.S members quickly with no mercy, so why does he toy with Jill? no reason, because the game needs to exist and its made very obvious which is disappointing.

I was playing Star Wars Fallen Order the other night and witness the same thing where at the very start, you are caught by the Jedi Hunters who are going to kill you in front of others to set an example, instead the guy decides to throw you off a cliff directing under a moving train...…… don't they know Jedi's basically can fly threw the air? How many times do we see Jedi's and Siths jump on moving Ships, fall from great heights etc. Where is their logic, they are Jedi Hunter and fellow force users.. now they have to find and chase you again after you have been in hiding for so long. What gets me is they kill your friend quickly and without question and yet the one they want to kill they throw off a ledge.. what the hell. Its a stupid way of continuing a story and for me becomes cringe worthy and lame. There are many other ways to continue a story without being so obvious. 

Anyway that's just my view on things.

I think some people are giving Nemmy a bit of a pat on the back in terms of it's intellect. Don't forget that it's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. It had to come with pre-programmed parameters to it's main mission, as well as having an N-type parasite injected within it, in order to make the Nemesis what it is.

Nemmy isn't a moustache twirling villain, fully aware of being evil and the like. Looking at this remake and the OG game, just look at how it still repeats the same tendencies, the same behaviours, even when it's evolved to it's second and final form. The Tyrant still acts like a rabid animal, just running on subroutine programming.

Also, yes, he could have easily killed Jill, even at the start, even at the rooftop scene, where he grabs her by the head (could have easily crushed her skull like Mr X did in RE2 to Ben). The thing is, imagine you playing a main protag, and then dying in the first boss fight, and the game officially ending there, it'd be out of left field and atrocious as hell, not to mention it wouldn't make sense, and hell, movies hardly do this, because it doesn't make any sense (it does however near the end of a movie, to set up closure or a sequel). There's a valid reason as to why villains are dragged out, rather than designed around irl evil people who could easily kill someone in an instant.Using irl evil writing in a game just cuts any game short to about 30 mins to an hour at best, which makes for both shitty writing and a shitty game.

Last edited by Chazore - on 07 April 2020

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Hiku said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I've played it a few hours this weekend and it's pretty good. I realized that I remember next to nothing about the original game (played it only once compared to like 10 times for RE2) so everything feels new. One thing I'm not too fond of is not knowing when I should use my ammo on Nemesis. I like to conserve ammo as much as possible and I've been running away from him since I know he can't be killed but now I fear I'm missing out on weapons upgrade because of that.

Yeah, the way I went about it was just testing every time I ran into him, and then reset my save file again to either ignore him, or try to kill him in a more optimal way. Leaving some of the red barrels intact was a great way to get him to drop the weapon upgrades. After finishing the game, and trying to kill him every opportunity I had (except the first time he uses the flamethrower because I couldn't down him with the weapons I had before I caught on fire), I'm pretty sure that he only drops two weapon upgrades. In the situations I listed above. I tried looking it up but every site I checked also only mentions these two.

John2290 said:

Take him down and you'll get sone treats but to ease your mind, just don't shoot him when he ia chasing you through the map, no point. You'll know when yiu hace to unload your invemteoy at him. 

Well since he's worried about missing weapon upgrades, he needs to shoot at Nemesis some times when he's chasing him.

I probably missed one of them permanently then since I'm now

Spoiler!
at the second confrontation with him (in the plaza where he runs on walls)

Signature goes here!

I enjoyed the game a bit more than I thought I would. A bit too much focus on Nemesis imo, but overall a solid game.