By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - REmake 3 discussion thread.

REmake 3...

I'm all in. 13 48.15%

Maybe. 8 29.63%

Not buying. 4 14.81%

Indifferent, other, comments... 2 7.41%

Total:27

I like it. Enjoying it.

And I really hope they are already secretly working on Code Veronica...have we gotten a proper Albert Wisker since RE5? Hmmm?

Around the Network
Hiku said:
shikamaru317 said:

-Nemesis was made scripted and is no longer randomized like in the original RE3, which takes away alot of the horror from his unexpected appearances

I'm pretty sure Nemesis was scripted in the original as well?
You could affect some of those scripted moments based on whether you killed him or ran away in a previous encounter, but I don't think there was a random element to Nemesis.

Yes he was scripted in the original as well,he always popped up at known times not counting the first blind playtrough.

The false claim that it was random is going around for a week now but negative rumors take a while to be overtaken by the positive facts.

From what I know so far, the Game looks great, and it's a solid experience, but not as good as RE2 Remake, in terms of fidelity to the original. It appears that a lot of enigma were removed from the original, and the Locations and the Map as well, they have been cut and resized. Can someone confirm this ? I still don't know if I will get it.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

John2290 said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Yes he was scripted in the original as well,he always popped up at known times not counting the first blind playtrough.

The false claim that it was random is going around for a week now but negative rumors take a while to be overtaken by the positive facts.

There aren't really any positive facts. He's pretty shit. 

Positive fact as in that Nemesis popping up is evenly random as in the original game.

In terms of content i think a Resident Evil: Code Veronica Remake would be more fitting for a follow up of RE2 remake.

Nate4Drake said:
From what I know so far, the Game looks great, and it's a solid experience, but not as good as RE2 Remake, in terms of fidelity to the original. It appears that a lot of enigma were removed from the original, and the Locations and the Map as well, they have been cut and resized. Can someone confirm this ? I still don't know if I will get it.

The game is a 9/10 imo and is as good as REmake 2 what has people divided is the same thing that divided opinions with the original and that is RE3 isn't an improvement of RE2 it's a game that takes the same template and does its own thing much like the original did on top of rebooting the original version of RE3 plus people who haven't really played it are recycling criticisms with out context. For example some will tell you they cut such a location or resized Raccoon City but won't tell you that the are new more flesh out locations that replaces what was removed on top of other areas being expanded.

You can't recreate the enigma of the original as most people know the deal now with Nemesis so what the remake does is instead of trying to go for that again and make Nemesis just a stronger Mr. X he is this boss element that is triggered at parts of the game to hunt you in a more frantic manner, Mr. X was a more he might around the corner type stalker while Nemesis is more like a Lion that has homed in on its prey and is charging it down. So where one is this hide and seek experience the other is this tag you're it kind where you have to get away otherwise you're dead.

If you're expecting RE2 with a souped up Mr. X you'll be disappointed as RE3 isn't trying to be that after all the original RE3 wasn't trying to be the original RE2 either however if you go into the game remembering this you'll find yourself far more open to what it offers.

Around the Network

Started playing it on my regular XBO in the bedroom wearing headphones last night. Couple of things:

This was probably the first time I saw an achievement with 100% completion from everyone that ever played a particular game. Even games where you got an achievement just for pressing start didn't have this!

Playing this game in my bedroom, I had to redownload it. At 30%, it let me start playing. Usually games just let you see the title screen while they finish downloading or they leave you in one specific area. This is the first time I reached the end of the playable downloaded portion before the rest of the game finished downloading. It kicked me back to the title screen.

I'm going in optimistic but so far, not really feeling the RE6 style action and atmosphere. I was wearing headphones so I wouldn't wake my wife and even the jump scares didn't make me jump.

Looks and plays great.

Hopefully things slow down later on. The pacing seems off. Still feel like it's gonna be worthwhile even though, to me, the original RE3 was when the series started to go too action focused.

Wyrdness said:
Nate4Drake said:

The game is a 9/10 imo and is as good as REmake 2 what has people divided is the same thing that divided opinions with the original and that is RE3 isn't an improvement of RE2 it's a game that takes the same template and does its own thing much like the original did on top of rebooting the original version of RE3 plus people who haven't really played it are recycling criticisms with out context. For example some will tell you they cut such a location or resized Raccoon City but won't tell you that the are new more flesh out locations that replaces what was removed on top of other areas being expanded.

You can't recreate the enigma of the original as most people know the deal now with Nemesis so what the remake does is instead of trying to go for that again and make Nemesis just a stronger Mr. X he is this boss element that is triggered at parts of the game to hunt you in a more frantic manner, Mr. X was a more he might around the corner type stalker while Nemesis is more like a Lion that has homed in on its prey and is charging it down. So where one is this hide and seek experience the other is this tag you're it kind where you have to get away otherwise you're dead.

If you're expecting RE2 with a souped up Mr. X you'll be disappointed as RE3 isn't trying to be that after all the original RE3 wasn't trying to be the original RE2 either however if you go into the game remembering this you'll find yourself far more open to what it offers.

Thanks for your thoughts, really appreciated.  I will probably buy it these days and try it ;)

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Target has buy-2-get-1-free this week, and RE3 Remake is included and eligible.

Immersiveunreality said:
John2290 said:

There aren't really any positive facts. He's pretty shit. 

Positive fact as in that Nemesis popping up is evenly random as in the original game.

In terms of content i think a Resident Evil: Code Veronica Remake would be more fitting for a follow up of RE2 remake.

Well 2 and 3 happened at the same time, it would have been even better if they made it a RE2.5 with 3 scenarios of the 2 games.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Mospeada21CA said:
Target has buy-2-get-1-free this week, and RE3 Remake is included and eligible.

Well buying 3 new releases for 120 seems good.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."