By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - REmake 3 discussion thread.

REmake 3...

I'm all in. 13 48.15%

Maybe. 8 29.63%

Not buying. 4 14.81%

Indifferent, other, comments... 2 7.41%

Total:27
John2290 said:
trunkswd said:
Once I catch up on my backlog I'll be playing Resi 3 remake. I don't mind the length of the campaign. It only seems shorter than Resi 2 remake, because there is only 1 campaign with Jill, instead of 2 with Leon and Claire.

I didn't think of it that way. I suppose so and those are kind of artifically bolstered out anyway. 

The game being shorter than Resi 2 Remake is probably why RE Resistance was included. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

fuck me its brutal on nightmare

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

After reading the leaks and seeing some of the cutscenes/gameplay on Era/Youtube (via French folk), I ultimately feel like a lot of my hype for the game is now gone. I feel disappointed that Capcom didn't give this game the same love, respect and treatment that 2 had received. I feel like they could have made this some side DLC for RE2, but they didn't, and they felt like they had to make that MP based part of the game, so they could tack it onto the main game and jack up the price (higher than RE 2 at the time as well).

This just seems like an exact repeat of OG RE2 and 3, where 2 was the most loved, given the most attention, while 3 didn't get as much (despite having the more iconic Tyrant model).

Definitely waiting for a deep sale on this. I'll just buy AC for me and my gf, and maybe grab DOOM later on down the line, before eventually picking up RE3 around Dec.

Pre-ordered it days ago. Already installed. But I have to say, the original RE3 was my least favorite in the entire series. I was so glad when they switched up the formula. Not only was it getting tired for Resident Evil, so many other games were ripping it off as well.

But, with all that said, I'm at work right now but I'm excited to play it. I loved RE2's remake so much!

Twitter: @d21lewis

Played a little bit of the game last night and I must say.. I am a little disappointed.
The gameplay and combat is fine.. however the direction it takes and how it implements the story is a little.. what's the best way to put it.. try hardish. The game tries so hard at times I feel its cringe worthy just like how RE6 is. The start of the game basically just tries too hard and the acting is off putting.
I do like the way they reimagined Carlos and his acting it quite good but I feel everyone else just falls off and I am not a fan of Jill's new look. I much preferred the other Jill.
Coming from RE2make to RE3make, it doesn't live up to the quality and polish of the predecessor.
Hopefully the game improves as I play through it more.
Just my honest opinion.

Around the Network

Sounding like I should wait until the game is discounted before buying it. RE Resistance doesn't interest me and spending $60 in a 6 hour game doesn't seem worth it.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

great game, dont get caught by the fact that its short, replayability is what makes it good

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

trunkswd said:
Sounding like I should wait until the game is discounted before buying it. RE Resistance doesn't interest me and spending $60 in a 6 hour game doesn't seem worth it.

That's what I'm doing at least.

Despite me not having the cash right now, but when I do, that'll be going straight towards a copies of AC for me and my gal. I'm not paying £45-50 for a short game like that, with a tacked on PVP based game, that no one asked for. 

The cut content simply doesn't justify it's price tag, and I can see now why they added that RE:R onto RE3, in order to jack up the price. 

Chazore said:
trunkswd said:

That's what I'm doing at least.

Despite me not having the cash right now, but when I do, that'll be going straight towards a copies of AC for me and my gal. I'm not paying £45-50 for a short game like that, with a tacked on PVP based game, that no one asked for. 

The cut content simply doesn't justify it's price tag, and I can see now why they added that RE:R onto RE3, in order to jack up the price. 

I plan on waiting until it discounted to $30-$40. Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Doom Eternal and recently added games to Game Pass will keep me busy enough for at least a couple months. 

trunkswd said:

I plan on waiting until it discounted to $30-$40. Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Doom Eternal and recently added games to Game Pass will keep me busy enough for at least a couple months. 

I'll be likely waiting for DOOM to go on sale at some point (really not happy with mouse smoothing being forced, with no option to turn it off, and for an FPS game like DOOM, that's a dealbreaker for me). 

Capcom really seems to have tripped on this one. Despite official reviews looking somewhat positive, user reviews and vocal disappointments are telling a different story.