By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - REmake 3 discussion thread.

REmake 3...

I'm all in. 13 48.15%

Maybe. 8 29.63%

Not buying. 4 14.81%

Indifferent, other, comments... 2 7.41%

Total:27

Played a little bit of the game last night and I must say.. I am a little disappointed.
The gameplay and combat is fine.. however the direction it takes and how it implements the story is a little.. what's the best way to put it.. try hardish. The game tries so hard at times I feel its cringe worthy just like how RE6 is. The start of the game basically just tries too hard and the acting is off putting.
I do like the way they reimagined Carlos and his acting it quite good but I feel everyone else just falls off and I am not a fan of Jill's new look. I much preferred the other Jill.
Coming from RE2make to RE3make, it doesn't live up to the quality and polish of the predecessor.
Hopefully the game improves as I play through it more.
Just my honest opinion.

Around the Network

great game, dont get caught by the fact that its short, replayability is what makes it good

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

trunkswd said:
Sounding like I should wait until the game is discounted before buying it. RE Resistance doesn't interest me and spending $60 in a 6 hour game doesn't seem worth it.

That's what I'm doing at least.

Despite me not having the cash right now, but when I do, that'll be going straight towards a copies of AC for me and my gal. I'm not paying £45-50 for a short game like that, with a tacked on PVP based game, that no one asked for. 

The cut content simply doesn't justify it's price tag, and I can see now why they added that RE:R onto RE3, in order to jack up the price. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

trunkswd said:

I plan on waiting until it discounted to $30-$40. Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Doom Eternal and recently added games to Game Pass will keep me busy enough for at least a couple months. 

I'll be likely waiting for DOOM to go on sale at some point (really not happy with mouse smoothing being forced, with no option to turn it off, and for an FPS game like DOOM, that's a dealbreaker for me). 

Capcom really seems to have tripped on this one. Despite official reviews looking somewhat positive, user reviews and vocal disappointments are telling a different story. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

John2290 said:
An hour or so after the demo ends. It's okay, it's not great so far but it's not bad, It's more like playing Re4 in 2019 than laying Re2 in 2019. Nemesis is more than a joke, he's an scripted joke with little purpose.

What difficult did you play in?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Hiku said:
shikamaru317 said:

I'm not sure, I saw it in a video. I know that Mr. X in Res 2 Remake was randomized, so Nemesis in RE3 remake is definitely a downgrade over him. 

Yeah Mr X in Remake was.

And I hated it. Basically if you fly through the game even on the hardest difficult Mr X won't cause you any problem. If you don't know what to do then he will get in your way all the time.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

As I said on another site.

Finished the game on Standard Mode, I don't quite know what else people would expect it's as good a remake of RE3 as REmake 2 was of the original. The main differences are that the early game you don't run around RC as much as the original but the mid to late game has new more fleshed out areas to replace what was cut. It has replayability as well through the shop all in all 9/10.

Harder difficulties really are a feat to get through as even on Standard I had 11 deaths.

I will get this game when it is below 20 euros, because of the fact that it is only 5,5 hours according to HLTB. And the fact that I'm not really an online multiplayer person, also the MP does not really get good reviews.

Last edited by Anonymous1796 - on 03 April 2020

Word of warning the game has the same DAC (Difficulty Adjustment Counter) system as the previous game only it is far more prominent in RE3, DAC in case anyone is unaware is a difficulty setting that is always in play regardless of what mode you're playing in it reads how well you're playing and adjusts the game to counter it. This can range from changing enemy behaviour and aggro levels to how often enemies stagger or tank shots, if you do a perfect dodge it raise the counter by around 20% for reference so if you do 5 dodges with out running into any issue the DAC raises the difficulty to essentially that of a mode above that of what you're playing which can catch you off guard when enemies do unusual actions.

I bought it for full price and loved the RE3 Remake despite the missing contents from the original, it's sort of reimagined story of Raccoon city event, so, again, nothing issue for me. I finished the game in like 2 hours and 48 minutes plus 5 deaths on standard mode and gave me B rank lol, there's replayability that could offer you unlockables through the shop after beating the game and forgive me for spoiling here, i'm about to reveal now, you'll get two harder difficulties mode if you beat the game on hardcore mode.

Bottom line, it's painful to waste full $60 for just one single damn good game while you're not interest in the other game known as Resident Evil Resistance(