Forums - Gaming Discussion - REmake 3 discussion thread.

REmake 3...

I'm all in. 13 48.15%

Maybe. 8 29.63%

Not buying. 4 14.81%

Indifferent, other, comments... 2 7.41%

Total:27
Hiku said:
shikamaru317 said:

I'm not sure, I saw it in a video. I know that Mr. X in Res 2 Remake was randomized, so Nemesis in RE3 remake is definitely a downgrade over him. 

Yeah Mr X in Remake was.

And I hated it. Basically if you fly through the game even on the hardest difficult Mr X won't cause you any problem. If you don't know what to do then he will get in your way all the time.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network

As I said on another site.

Finished the game on Standard Mode, I don't quite know what else people would expect it's as good a remake of RE3 as REmake 2 was of the original. The main differences are that the early game you don't run around RC as much as the original but the mid to late game has new more fleshed out areas to replace what was cut. It has replayability as well through the shop all in all 9/10.

Harder difficulties really are a feat to get through as even on Standard I had 11 deaths.

I will get this game when it is below 20 euros, because of the fact that it is only 5,5 hours according to HLTB. And the fact that I'm not really an online multiplayer person, also the MP does not really get good reviews.

Last edited by Anonymous1796 - on 03 April 2020

Word of warning the game has the same DAC (Difficulty Adjustment Counter) system as the previous game only it is far more prominent in RE3, DAC in case anyone is unaware is a difficulty setting that is always in play regardless of what mode you're playing in it reads how well you're playing and adjusts the game to counter it. This can range from changing enemy behaviour and aggro levels to how often enemies stagger or tank shots, if you do a perfect dodge it raise the counter by around 20% for reference so if you do 5 dodges with out running into any issue the DAC raises the difficulty to essentially that of a mode above that of what you're playing which can catch you off guard when enemies do unusual actions.

I bought it for full price and loved the RE3 Remake despite the missing contents from the original, it's sort of reimagined story of Raccoon city event, so, again, nothing issue for me. I finished the game in like 2 hours and 48 minutes plus 5 deaths on standard mode and gave me B rank lol, there's replayability that could offer you unlockables through the shop after beating the game and forgive me for spoiling here, i'm about to reveal now, you'll get two harder difficulties mode if you beat the game on hardcore mode.

Bottom line, it's painful to waste full $60 for just one single damn good game while you're not interest in the other game known as Resident Evil Resistance(

Battletag: Quakecore89#1866 / GOG: AMDFX89 / PSN: QuakeCore_89 / Xbox Live Tag: QuakeCore89 / NS: SW-7937-5976-6855

Current PCs: -PC 2017(Ryzen 7 3700X/32GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM/GeForce RTX 2060 6GB/Crucial 250GB M.2(Boot) Kingston 1TB SSD(Storage))

Around the Network

I like it. Enjoying it.

And I really hope they are already secretly working on Code Veronica...have we gotten a proper Albert Wisker since RE5? Hmmm?

Hiku said:
shikamaru317 said:

-Nemesis was made scripted and is no longer randomized like in the original RE3, which takes away alot of the horror from his unexpected appearances

I'm pretty sure Nemesis was scripted in the original as well?
You could affect some of those scripted moments based on whether you killed him or ran away in a previous encounter, but I don't think there was a random element to Nemesis.

Yes he was scripted in the original as well,he always popped up at known times not counting the first blind playtrough.

The false claim that it was random is going around for a week now but negative rumors take a while to be overtaken by the positive facts.

Immersiveunreality said:
Hiku said:

I'm pretty sure Nemesis was scripted in the original as well?
You could affect some of those scripted moments based on whether you killed him or ran away in a previous encounter, but I don't think there was a random element to Nemesis.

Yes he was scripted in the original as well,he always popped up at known times not counting the first blind playtrough.

The false claim that it was random is going around for a week now but negative rumors take a while to be overtaken by the positive facts.

There aren't really any positive facts. He's pretty shit. 

From what I know so far, the Game looks great, and it's a solid experience, but not as good as RE2 Remake, in terms of fidelity to the original. It appears that a lot of enigma were removed from the original, and the Locations and the Map as well, they have been cut and resized. Can someone confirm this ? I still don't know if I will get it.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

John2290 said:
Immersiveunreality said:

There aren't really any positive facts. He's pretty shit. 

Positive fact as in that Nemesis popping up is evenly random as in the original game.

In terms of content i think a Resident Evil: Code Veronica Remake would be more fitting for a follow up of RE2 remake.